Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kasay anybody?

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Kasay or Bust!! I want to have him break nfl records WITH the panthers

1 person likes this

Posted

As the Lions have only had two kickers since 1980, it is hard for me to imagine not having that guy out there. Throw in Kasay for us, and this is truly a great run of great kickers.

Good decision, or bad decision. Getting rid of Kasay is in the past. As rayzor stated, it seems to be Medlock's job. How long he keeps it it totally up to him. Personally, I hope he keeps it for another 20 years. It will feel like old times.

Posted

Kasay or Bust!! I want to have him break nfl records WITH the panthers

i'd rather have a kicker that will help us win.

Posted

If nobody else picks him up...1 day contract, retire with the Panthers, have a great life and thanks for everything. I love Kasay, but he's not our kicker anymore.

1 person likes this

Posted

No thanks, don't want to have to use another roster spot for someone that can KO.

Posted

Morestead did the kickoffs for the Saints*. If Nortman can do that, I would at least think about it. John Kasay did so much more for the panthers than just kick field goals.

Posted

Morestead did the kickoffs for the Saints**. If Nortman can do that, I would at least think about it. John Kasay did so much more for the panthers than just kick field goals.

it's a new team. they need to move forward without him...and they have.

it's probably time for the fan base as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

Let's bring back all the players we cut and fill the roster with them. Nostalgia!

Can we resign Biakabutuka?

Posted

Sure, for one day. Time to retire.

Exactly what I was going to say...sign him till we get our first Home game and let him retire...maybe even kick an extra point for us or something lol

Posted

Medlock is the guy. Let's let him settle in at least before we start thinkin of other kickers please. Yes he missed 56/50 yarders on the worst kicking surface in the league. But those kicks were bombs. He will be ok

Per Pat Y. Espn South Blog

The 50-yarder would have tied the record for longest field goal by an NFL player at that stadium.

This.

Posted

People keep bringing up the fact that a 50-yard FG would be the longest FG at the Steelers' stadium, but do people not realize Suisham (Steelers' kicker) made a 49-yarder (a whole 1 yard less), with relative ease IIRC, just that same night? So I wouldn't keep falling back on that "horrible field for kicking" excuse. Although it definitely helps to put things in perspective a bit...it's still concerning that he missed those kicks by a good margin. Suisham has been pretty mediocre for his career and it's just his 3rd season with the Steelers too. For the record though, I really like Medlock and I want the Panthers to stick with him for the long haul...just hope he gets his act together quick.

Posted

Can we bring in Jake to replace the Jim?