Why Clausen and Edwards are Panthers

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#16 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

Anyone that really thought they would be cut is just stupid. Hurney Magic.

I didn't think they would be cut. Carolina doesn't move on from guys. Get drafted and you easily get 3 yrs regardless.

#17 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

I can name many many examples of franchises moving on after 1 or 2 years.....it isn't actually that rare. Rare here.

The examples you'd list, compared to the ones that are kept, would be VASTLY outnumbered.

#18 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

The reason they are on the team is because individuals FAR smarter than anyone here thinks they should be. Period. No one here would ever even remotely have a chance to be a GM or HC. Everything this FO does is right compared to the viewpoints on this sitre because those individuals making the decesions are better than any one here. Not a hard concept to grasp.

#19 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

this is why we need AE beacuse he is good for one of these a year lol

#20 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

Actual reasons:

The other wide receivers we had were either awful or too noob.

Hurney really wants to keep 3 QBs.

Edwards is a converted QB who has never made a NFL catch....he is as noob as anyone.

Hurney said he likes the QB room is as why Jimmy is staying. LOL....he couldn't even talk about Clausen's play, potential or fit in the offense. Cam probably likes to goof on Mr. Supercut and they have fun....sort of what Hurney implied. They get along....therefore he earns a roster spot. I bet a lot of guys wished meshing in the meeting room was all it took....

#21 Simple and Plain

Simple and Plain

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

Edwards is here because Gettis is on the PUP and Tutu failed to capitalize on numerous opportunities. He probably wont be here after week 6.

Clausen is here because he is a 3rd string QB. Most teams have a 3rd string QB. Miami even kept 4.

#22 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

The reason they are on the team is because individuals FAR smarter than anyone here thinks they should be. Period. No one here would ever even remotely have a chance to be a GM or HC. Everything this FO does is right compared to the viewpoints on this sitre because those individuals making the decesions are better than any one here. Not a hard concept to grasp.

The shepherd and sheep concept again. Don't try to think outside the box. Think what you are told to think.

#23 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

The examples you'd list, compared to the ones that are kept, would be VASTLY outnumbered.

True. But it is easy to name a franchise that has parted with a draft pick early on....so it isn't rare that you can go through every team and name
a mistake they admitted to.....just not Carolina

#24 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,500 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

I think Edwards hangs around because Big Cat got laid back in the day when Wofford played Appalachian.

#25 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

Edwards is here because Gettis is on the PUP and Tutu failed to capitalize on numerous opportunities. He probably wont be here after week 6.

Clausen is here because he is a 3rd string QB. Most teams have a 3rd string QB. Miami even kept 4.

Name a team with a 3rd string QB that doesn't fit the offense has no potential to develop into a player to run their offense?

I am all about 3 QBs. I am about 4 counting practice squad. A warm body isn't a reason though....

#26 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Matt Millen was an awesome GM because he get paid more than I ever will to do that job!!!

#27 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,663 posts

Edwards is a converted QB who has never made a NFL catch....he is as noob as anyone.

Hurney said he likes the QB room is as why Jimmy is staying. LOL....he couldn't even talk about Clausen's play, potential or fit in the offense. Cam probably likes to goof on Mr. Supercut and they have fun....sort of what Hurney implied. They get along....therefore he earns a roster spot. I bet a lot of guys wished meshing in the meeting room was all it took....

I said this earlier!

Clausen is Cams little bitch boy. I'm sure he goes on all the food runs, and know Cams order by heart.

"God Damn it Pickles I said extra cheese, take this poo here back, and pick me up some more of them damn sunflower seed"

#28 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

Name a team with a 3rd string QB that doesn't fit the offense has no potential to develop into a player to run their offense?

I am all about 3 QBs. I am about 4 counting practice squad. A warm body isn't a reason though....

Funny that we didn't carry a 4th QB into camp.

#29 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,989 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

Nope. He's still less noob, hence the spot on the roster.

#30 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 16,515 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

AE and Clausen are the prime examples of why we will not get over the hump as long as Hurney is GM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.