Photo
- - - - -

The actual reason Armanti is on the team...

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

I seem to remember at OTA's back in 2010 Hurney was asked about Armanti and what was in store for him.

Hurney's reply, and this is going from memory, was that the Panthers would be transitioning him to WR and have a three year plan for him to develop in that role.

Well, here we are starting out year three. And while most of us don't believe he has shown enough to be kept on the roster, it is hard to deny that he has improved a bit as a player. So he has not regressed, only made progress year after year.

So what it boils down to is Hurney being true to his word regarding Armanti. It is not unheard of for things to "click" very quickly with a third year player. Maybe it will this season for Armanti.

We all should be really hoping so.

Click here to view the article

#2 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

The real reason Armanti is still on the team

Hurney not willing to admit a mistake

#3 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

It never "clicked" for Colbert, Jarret, and many others, and it was their natural position. Everything that we hear says this guy works as hard as anyone which is why I think he's still here. He hasnt be disenfranchised or packed it in like the ofhers did. I'm pulling for him, and trust this staff's assessment of our talent.

#4 albiechaser

albiechaser

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

Watched him play @ App. many times visiting my daughter up there, he was the team, made some killer plays. but the level of play was nowhere near what he's seeing here, wish him well, That one handed catch in the end zone he tried, would have been sweet,

#5 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,604 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

that's as good and logical a reason as any. admirable, actually.

he's here for another year. people (including myself) need to get used to it and hope that things click for him.

enough hoping that players you don't like don't do well here. that's every bit as bad as people cheering for the team just because of a player...in fact it's a bit more lame. if he's wearing a panthers uniform and you're a panthers fan...the best thing to wish for is that he does well. it's the best thing for the team if they do well. if you don't want them to do well as a panther you are, in essence, wishing failure for this team you profess to be a fan of. why? because you don't like someone on the team or you don't like that they are on the team. doesn't that seem petty and immature? it should because it is.

you don't have to expect success for them. you don't even have to believe in them or like them. just wish and hope he does well and try to stay positive about it. life is more enjoyable that way.

in the words of that guy next to Brian, "always look on the bright side of life."

#6 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

The real reason Armanti is still on the team

Hurney not willing to admit a mistake

Draft picks Hurney admitted his mistake on
All of these players were picked in the first 3 rounds and cut after no more than 2 seasons.
Everette Brown
Attiyah Ellsion
Eric Shelton
Rashard Butler
Corvey Irvin

Here's other examples of where he will admit a mistake.
-Olindo Mare was a recent one
-Cut Jake 1 year after the big contract extension

In addition you can't have any respect for Rivera if you think he allows Hurney to keep these guys over ones who are more qualified and would be a bigger help to the team.

#7 Guest_Hokebuck_*

Guest_Hokebuck_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

I seem to remember at OTA's back in 2010 Hurney was asked about Armanti and what was in store for him.

Hurney's reply, and this is going from memory, was that the Panthers would be transitioning him to WR and have a three year plan for him to develop in that role.

Well, here we are starting out year three. And while most of us don't believe he has shown enough to be kept on the roster, it is hard to deny that he has improved a bit as a player. So he has not regressed, only made progress year after year.

So what it boils down to is Hurney being true to his word regarding Armanti. It is not unheard of for things to "click" very quickly with a third year player. Maybe it will this season for Armanti.

We all should be really hoping so.

Zod right on point how soon do fans forget! Marty Hurney 2010 http://www.panthers....e3-80e9c26c2125

#8 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

If it "clicks" for Armanti he might develop into a competent backup wr, maybe the #5. Is that worth it?

#9 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

Has nothing to do with Hurney. JR wanted him here, and must still want him.

#10 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:16 AM

Has nothing to do with Hurney. JR wanted him here, and must still want him.

Incorrect.

BigCat does not decide if players are here. He is not Jerry Jones, thank god.

#11 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

If it "clicks" for Armanti he might develop into a competent backup wr, maybe the #5. Is that worth it?

With what we gave up, doubtful. But if he turns into a competent back up WR and Pilares develops like everyone hopes he does. Then that gives a pretty solid receiving corp, and I'm fine with that.

#12 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,615 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

This coaching regime has shown no favoritism towards players, especially those drafted before they got here. AE is here because the coaching staff believes that he is more developed and has a better chance to contribute than those who were cut in favor of him staying. It's that simple.

AE is here because Rivera and Co. believe that he was the best option to keep out of the available receivers. Now any of you are free to question that decision and consider yourself a better talent eye than this entire coaching staff, but also keep in mind that, to most of us, you look like a fuging moron.

Those of you who think that this is some JR or Hurney conspiracy forcing Rivera to keep AE are living in a fuging fantasy world.

#13 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,416 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

I've been critical of him, and inpatient. But if he is wearing our uni, I will be rooting for him.

#14 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

This coaching regime has shown no favoritism towards players, especially those drafted before they got here. AE is here because the coaching staff believes that he is more developed and has a better chance to contribute than those who were cut in favor of him staying. It's that simple.

AE is here because Rivera and Co. believe that he was the best option to keep out of the available receivers. Now any of you are free to question that decision and consider yourself a better talent eye than this entire coaching staff, but also keep in mind that, to most of us, you look like a fuging moron.

Those of you who think that this is some JR or Hurney conspiracy forcing Rivera to keep AE are living in a fuging fantasy world.

Now see, when I say stuff like this in the Tinderbox, I get accused of being a Sheep. :)

Fwiw, I agree with you though.

#15 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

this wouldnt have been such a big deal if Armanti had gotten to play the whole preseason with Cam and Anderson like Ajirotutu did

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com