Photo
- - - - -

The actual reason Armanti is on the team...

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#11 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

If it "clicks" for Armanti he might develop into a competent backup wr, maybe the #5. Is that worth it?

With what we gave up, doubtful. But if he turns into a competent back up WR and Pilares develops like everyone hopes he does. Then that gives a pretty solid receiving corp, and I'm fine with that.

#12 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

This coaching regime has shown no favoritism towards players, especially those drafted before they got here. AE is here because the coaching staff believes that he is more developed and has a better chance to contribute than those who were cut in favor of him staying. It's that simple.

AE is here because Rivera and Co. believe that he was the best option to keep out of the available receivers. Now any of you are free to question that decision and consider yourself a better talent eye than this entire coaching staff, but also keep in mind that, to most of us, you look like a fuging moron.

Those of you who think that this is some JR or Hurney conspiracy forcing Rivera to keep AE are living in a fuging fantasy world.

#13 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

I've been critical of him, and inpatient. But if he is wearing our uni, I will be rooting for him.

#14 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

This coaching regime has shown no favoritism towards players, especially those drafted before they got here. AE is here because the coaching staff believes that he is more developed and has a better chance to contribute than those who were cut in favor of him staying. It's that simple.

AE is here because Rivera and Co. believe that he was the best option to keep out of the available receivers. Now any of you are free to question that decision and consider yourself a better talent eye than this entire coaching staff, but also keep in mind that, to most of us, you look like a fuging moron.

Those of you who think that this is some JR or Hurney conspiracy forcing Rivera to keep AE are living in a fuging fantasy world.

Now see, when I say stuff like this in the Tinderbox, I get accused of being a Sheep. :)

Fwiw, I agree with you though.

#15 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

this wouldnt have been such a big deal if Armanti had gotten to play the whole preseason with Cam and Anderson like Ajirotutu did

#16 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

I'm not a Saint

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

Sounds like some of you think Hurney makes these decisions in a vacuum. RR and his staff has a lot of input into who stays and who goes.

I think they see the work that Armanti has put into improving and are appreciative of that effort.

It's also commendable that the team rewards effort and dedication. This resonates with other players on the team and can have a positive effect on the whole locker room.

Is it worth keeping him if his ceiling is only a #5 WR? I say yes because his improvement and effort to get there was probably more significant than others that were cut.

Also guys like Jared Green and others can be stashed on the practice squad where AE can't. I'm pulling for him and I hope he continues to improve.

#17 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

The Armanti project also made a lot more sense when the plan was to have an unathletic QB....

Now all those gadget plays with him behind C are pointless.

I thought Person made a good point...why not keep the better ST player when looking at the #5 WR spot considering that is what they will do? That wasn't AE.....

#18 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

Why dnt we trade up in the first next year and take Denard Robinson assuming he comes out. Make him a WR, that I have more faith.

#19 tim

tim

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

After Joe Adams muffed that punt I suddenly missed Armanti's reliability fielding a ball. He didn't make a single mistake fielding punts last season, and only fair caught the ball 9 times so he was under some pressure for most of those punts. Didn't do anything great with them, granted, but with our offense which would you prefer? A high risk, high reward guy like Adams or someone who will never lose a posession for us?

He was able to make the jump from lost to reliable in one season. No reason to doubt he can make the jump from reliable to effective this season.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

If it "clicks" for Armanti he might develop into a competent backup wr, maybe the #5. Is that worth it?

if it really clicks for edwards and if he becomes what they hoped he would, he'll be the next smitty.

i think we saw in college what he's capable of with the ball in his hands...and he could be a real threat.

the issue is how to get the ball in his hands and get it to him in space, where he's really dangerous. it's also helping him get over that fear of getting hit.

now i don't have faith that he will live anywhere close to those hopes/expectations they had for him, but i'm hoping that he can get those issues worked out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users