Photo
- - - - -

The actual reason Armanti is on the team...

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#46 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

Dude? Do you read what you post? AE did improve drastically last year as to catching the ball. Just because his return yardage does not meet your satisfaction, you call him lousy. The best PR only get 5 or so more yards than AE. Is that extra 5 yards really that important? With our O? Only to you, and a few others.

Armanti lead the league with 0 muffs. What part of that do you have a problem with? So what the return yards were minimal? He never cost us a possession. Whereas, Adams has 4 turnovers in four games. Yeah, that will turn some heads. The wrong way.

Ask Sproles, or Tolbert, or any of 20 playmakers that do not put the ball on the ground. Naming a few guys, then saying playmakers make mistakes, is exactly how you make a point. Using your own logic as a fact. Not a bad way to debate when it works.

Adams has potential. As of right now. He has plenty of time to work on his skills. Cuz this preseason has hurt him, big time. IMO, Adams is lucky he did not start the year on PS. If Rivera could have sent him down, he damm sure may have.

Adams has done so well that AE made the team. I would be willing to bet that AE is our starting PR this year.

Do you read is the question. All you are focusing is that AE didn't fumble....ignoring his inability to actually PR.

Edwards averaged a league worst 5.5 yards per punt. The best PR men only average 5 more yards? LOL. You just made that up....the 2 best averaged more than 10 yards more an attempt with multiple TDs. Every other team also had a longer best return...

Scoring playmakers do make mistakes.....Steve Smith fumbles going for extra yards, Cam throws picks trying to make a pass....your boy Tolbert puts it on the ground fighting for yards in a pile. Adams is a playmaker....he will make mistakes. Will dance and lose yards. You have to accept that playmakers will often try too hard to make a play....you live with that.

Role players.....they can't make the mistakes. They don't have the big plays to offset their mistakes.

I will take your bet. Adams has more return attempts than Edwards pending they have heathly seaons. Loser puts CRA/iamhubby was right and I was wrong in their signature.

#47 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

LOL....you think Joe Adams should be on the practice squad bc he fumbled one punt? Did you not watch him? He is a natural return man.

#48 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,573 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

this team is looking for home-run hitters...you know, the big play guys. they aren't interested in playing it safe, not anymore. that was foxball. adams is the perfect PR for the direction this team is going. AE just isn't that guy. the only chance he has is making it as a WR and/or adams getting hurt or really screwing up and becoming more of a liability than is worth it. as long as adams can make PR attempts like we've seen so far that gig is his.

#49 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

Dude? Do you read what you post? AE did improve drastically last year as to catching the ball. Just because his return yardage does not meet your satisfaction, you call him lousy. The best PR only get 5 or so more yards than AE. Is that extra 5 yards really that important? With our O? Only to you, and a few others.

Armanti lead the league with 0 muffs. What part of that do you have a problem with? So what the return yards were minimal? He never cost us a possession. Whereas, Adams has 4 turnovers in four games. Yeah, that will turn some heads. The wrong way.

Ask Sproles, or Tolbert, or any of 20 playmakers that do not put the ball on the ground. Naming a few guys, then saying playmakers make mistakes, is exactly how you make a point. Using your own logic as a fact. Not a bad way to debate when it works.

Adams has potential. As of right now. He has plenty of time to work on his skills. Cuz this preseason has hurt him, big time. IMO, Adams is lucky he did not start the year on PS. If Rivera could have sent him down, he damm sure may have.

Adams has done so well that AE made the team. I would be willing to bet that AE is our starting PR this year.

Unless, I am seriously mistaken, I do not think this is true.

#50 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

http://www.nfl.com/s...RETURNS_FUMBLES

Nope, not mistaken.

#51 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,573 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

Unless, I am seriously mistaken, I do not think this is true.

you aren't mistaken.

#52 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

Iamhubby.

Joe Adams had one fumble....not your fictional 4.

Joe Adams averaged 12 yards a return
Edwards averaged 1 yard a return

I know I take what is viewed as the unpopular stance on some issues here....but you claiming Edwards will be the starting PR guy this year is bolder than anything I have ever suggested.

#53 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,210 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

Good point Zod. I think Armanti is a play away from "clicking," his confidence will soar, and he will fill in the gaps as he goes from there. He showed great quickness and the ability to run after the catch this preseason. His route running is fluid and looked great.

I was jeering him along with most on this board who aren't App St. grads over the last year or so, but the underdog bit me... Now, he's still here and I'm pulling for him to show out this year and I hope he gets the opportunity to do so.

#54 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,573 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

Iamhubby.

Joe Adams had one fumble....not your fictional 4.

Joe Adams averaged 12 yards a return
Edwards averaged 1 yard a return

I know I take what is viewed as the unpopular stance on some issues here....but you claiming Edwards will be the starting PR guy this year is bolder than anything I have ever suggested.

you've got a point there.

#55 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

I too will take a sig bet about Adams/Edwards.

#56 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

First. I said I was willing to bet that AE is our starting PR. CRA, as is his norm. Turned it all around to fit his needs. Read before attacking. Otherwise, bring it. I can take it. Adams has done more harm than good with his butter fingers. Rivera will start AE to save his team, and to give Adams a message. Protect the ball and you can play.

Adams is electric. So what. Until he can be trusted. He and teh jimmyz can warm the bench together.

Adams has had a fumble in the 1st game. (Actually, I think he had a muff and a fumble as well, that game.) A muff and a fumble last game. And I thought he drop one out of bounds against Miami. Either way it is at least 3 balls on the ground. 2 recovered 1 lost. Still not a good sign. Hence. AE starts. He is safe and dull.

But go ahead a believe a web site. You can't go wrong there.

Also never said anything about Adams other than to say he has potential. Oh my, how could I?

If Adams can't be trusted, he will be Goodsoned. Rookies that cannot protect the ball rarely see the field. Home run hitter or not, Rivera will not tolerate losing the football.

CRA, love how you throw out AE's one PR this preseason to add weight to you lame claim. AE can at least field a punt. Adams cannot do that without turning it into a close yours eyes, did he catch it?

#57 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,573 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

adams had a fumble in that first game?

#58 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,573 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

have you been drinking again?

#59 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

First. I said I was willing to bet that AE is our starting PR. CRA, as is his norm. Turned it all around to fit his needs. Read before attacking. Otherwise, bring it. I can take it. Adams has done more harm than good with his butter fingers. Rivera will start AE to save his team, and to give Adams a message. Protect the ball and you can play.

Adams is electric. So what. Until he can be trusted. He and teh jimmyz can warm the bench together.

Adams has had a fumble in the 1st game. (Actually, I think he had a muff and a fumble as well, that game.) A muff and a fumble last game. And I thought he drop one out of bounds against Miami. Either way it is at least 3 balls on the ground. 2 recovered 1 lost. Still not a good sign. Hence. AE starts. He is safe and dull.

But go ahead a believe a web site. You can't go wrong there.

Also never said anything about Adams other than to say he has potential. Oh my, how could I?

If Adams can't be trusted, he will be Goodsoned. Rookies that cannot protect the ball rarely see the field. Home run hitter or not, Rivera will not tolerate losing the football.

CRA, love how you throw out AE's one PR this preseason to add weight to you lame claim. AE can at least field a punt. Adams cannot do that without turning it into a close yours eyes, did he catch it?

You said AE would be the starter. You said you wanted to bet. If he is the starter....wouldn't he have more return attempts this year? How is that twisting things?

Adams lost one ball....one. He also averaged 12 yards a return vs. Edwards and his 1 yard average.

That website is NFL.com....but I guess your word means more....seriously, find anything documenting these fictional 4 fumbles.

I said AE averaged 1 yard per return. Not that he had 1 return. He also was the most unproductive return man in the NFL the year prior.....so that wasn't a surprise.

and Adams can field a punt. He fielded the 3rd most in the preseaon and was the best return man in the toughest conference in college football.

#60 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,528 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

I said this in another thread but im going to post it here because idiots keep bringing up AE's punt returning ability as a reason to keep him:

There is absolutely no defending AE. He has no NFL skills and that's a fact. You can't talk about his PR skills because he had an historically horrible punt return average last season (5.5 yards per return!) and he may not even be the backup since Captain is much better than him (10.9 yards per return!). You can't talk about his receiving because he hasn't caught anything since drafted and everyone in front of him is much better. You can't talk about him being a backup QB because he wasn't drafted to be one and will never be one and doesn't have the skills to be one. He is just a wasted roster spot like Clausen who contributes nothing to the team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.