Photo
- - - - -

The actual reason Armanti is on the team...

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#91 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,621 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

This thread is a prime example of people not reading through each other's posts.

#92 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

cause people be typin too damn much

#93 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,259 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:23 AM

Yea maybe he'll improve from 0 catches per season to 3.

Always making progress.

#94 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,812 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:40 AM

If it "clicks" for Armanti he might develop into a competent backup wr, maybe the #5. Is that worth it?

A second round pick should not be a #5 wide out. That's idiotic.

Armanti is a mistake. Not because he is transitioning but because of the cost to acquire him. That's the hugest mistake that was made. Armanti isn't to blame for that. What we can blame on Armanti is his progress. It's just barely existent. That's the problem. He's a camp all-star but the lights never come on in an actual game.

Should he be used in another way to maybe soften the blow of the resources used to obtain him? I say hell yes. Let Chud go ahead and use him in a wild cat WITH Cam, Dwill or Stew and Tolbert in the backfield. Use him in several plays designed for him. Even if it's 10 specific plays, that's making the most of him.

My gripe is that he's not being used correctly. It's obvious that he's not PR material. he's barely WR material. Use him in innovative ways. We have one of the most sharpest minds of football as an offensive coordinator. I'm sure he can cook up plays for him.

Just use him now. Don't have him ride that bench.

#95 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,303 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

A second round pick should not be a #5 wide out. That's idiotic.

Armanti is a mistake. Not because he is transitioning but because of the cost to acquire him. That's the hugest mistake that was made. Armanti isn't to blame for that. What we can blame on Armanti is his progress. It's just barely existent. That's the problem. He's a camp all-star but the lights never come on in an actual game.

Should he be used in another way to maybe soften the blow of the resources used to obtain him? I say hell yes. Let Chud go ahead and use him in a wild cat WITH Cam, Dwill or Stew and Tolbert in the backfield. Use him in several plays designed for him. Even if it's 10 specific plays, that's making the most of him.

My gripe is that he's not being used correctly. It's obvious that he's not PR material. he's barely WR material. Use him in innovative ways. We have one of the most sharpest minds of football as an offensive coordinator. I'm sure he can cook up plays for him.

Just use him now. Don't have him ride that bench.

Use him for what? I'd rather run plays with our better players like 89 and Stew

#96 NoDa Panther

NoDa Panther

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

One of the greatest return men in NFL history couldn't of done much more than Armanti last year?

Okay, I give up.

You have a reading comprehension problem. I stated that he wouldn't have done more with the majority of the return opportunities last year.

You should give up... on life.

#97 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,812 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

Use him for what? I'd rather run plays with our better players like 89 and Stew

Wildcat. The guy has a freaking strong arm and he's accurate. Have him and 89 with other players we have run plays together.

Remember that play they ran on Tampa where I think it was legs catching the ball on the line of scrimmage? Then he threw it back to cam and he was wide open and he ran for like 15 or more yards? I'm talking about plays like that. I know these will work only so many times but he'd be the man to do it.

Use him adequately for christ sakes if your going to be stubborn to keep him around. It's all I'm saying.

#98 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,967 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

I love this place. You folks are easier than the wifes sisters. I tell ya what.

I cannot type any slower, so try and keep up. AE being the starter means absolutely nothing other than he will catch the first punt. Is that simple enough for you? AE may be the primary PR until someone takes the job away from him. Personally, I was hoping for more out of Adams. Aside from the butter fingers, he is impressive.

Do you all just have selective memory? Or are muffs not counted. Even so I can recall at least 2 fumbles. One against Pitt, which we got back. One against Miami, which we lost. (The second punt return of the year, I think.) 1 muff against the Steelers, which we lost. That is 2 fumbles and 1 muff. In 4 games. For 2 turnovers. That is not how you impress your coaches. Or, keep AE off the team.

Adams has the potential to be Smitty 2.0. Unfortunately, he is off to a rocky start.

It's ok, I understand that getting the words out quickly sometimes hampers your thought process. It is after all a media lead world. I am old school. Back when you actually took the time to read, and properly respond, to the writen word.

Bump.

Here is one of your posts....here you claim 2 turnovers.

This was proven false. Joe Adams had one preseason turnover

#99 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,967 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

Dude? Do you read what you post? AE did improve drastically last year as to catching the ball. Just because his return yardage does not meet your satisfaction, you call him lousy. The best PR only get 5 or so more yards than AE. Is that extra 5 yards really that important? With our O? Only to you, and a few others.

Armanti lead the league with 0 muffs. What part of that do you have a problem with? So what the return yards were minimal? He never cost us a possession. Whereas, Adams has 4 turnovers in four games. Yeah, that will turn some heads. The wrong way.

Ask Sproles, or Tolbert, or any of 20 playmakers that do not put the ball on the ground. Naming a few guys, then saying playmakers make mistakes, is exactly how you make a point. Using your own logic as a fact. Not a bad way to debate when it works.

Adams has potential. As of right now. He has plenty of time to work on his skills. Cuz this preseason has hurt him, big time. IMO, Adams is lucky he did not start the year on PS. If Rivera could have sent him down, he damm sure may have.

Adams has done so well that AE made the team. I would be willing to bet that AE is our starting PR this year.

Bump.

This was your first claim....that was proven false. You claimed he had 4 turnovers here. later in this thread you reduced it to 2....then in the new thread you acknowledge the factual one turnover.

Happy?

#100 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

Draft picks Hurney admitted his mistake on
All of these players were picked in the first 3 rounds and cut after no more than 2 seasons.
Everette Brown
Attiyah Ellsion
Eric Shelton
Rashard Butler
Corvey Irvin

Here's other examples of where he will admit a mistake.
-Olindo Mare was a recent one
-Cut Jake 1 year after the big contract extension

In addition you can't have any respect for Rivera if you think he allows Hurney to keep these guys over ones who are more qualified and would be a bigger help to the team.

Is it possible after all this time we learn that Hurney is terrible at evaluating college talent?

I know I wouldn't wingman for him at the bar, unless i felt the need to snag a heifer at 2 am

#101 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,303 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

Is it possible after all this time we learn that Hurney is terrible at evaluating college talent?

I know I wouldn't wingman for him at the bar, unless i felt the need to snag a heifer at 2 am

Happy Hog Hunting. Sometimes you gotta get it out your system. Snare one and make her squeal

#102 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

Happy Hog Hunting. Sometimes you gotta get it out your system. Snare one and make her squeal

IDK what that guy was trying to prove, basically confirms to me that Hurney is straight poo and could have done a better job drawing names from a hat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com