#47 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,311 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

Liberty > App State

what can i say three national titles in a row just doesn't hold up well next to the sasser cup

liberty has never even qualified for the playoffs from what i can see.

#48 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,311 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

also your school was literally founded by a guy who blamed 9/11 on feminists and abortion

#49 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,023 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

also your school was literally founded by a guy who blamed 9/11 on feminists and abortion

That's a bold accusation,

Any who, App State fans cling to those three FCS National Championships and Armanti Edwards like it's the end all be all, yet they get gifts from the NCAA based on name alone. No team should be ranked with a record of 8-4. A loss to an average ECU team is just pitiful. It's okay, when we move to the FBS in a year or two you can keep touting those National Championships.

#50 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

Liberty isn't a real university.

#51 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:52 AM

That's a bold accusation,

Any who, App State fans cling to those three FCS National Championships and Armanti Edwards like it's the end all be all, yet they get gifts from the NCAA based on name alone. No team should be ranked with a record of 8-4. A loss to an average ECU team is just pitiful. It's okay, when we move to the FBS in a year or two you can keep touting those National Championships.

You guys are probably 10th in line to move to FBS. It gets worse though, there aren't ten spots left in FBS conferences unless they all decide to go to 16+ teams.

#52 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,023 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

You guys are probably 10th in line to move to FBS. It gets worse though, there aren't ten spots left in FBS conferences unless they all decide to go to 16+ teams.

We've actually completed a feasibility study unlike most schools that are trying to move up to the FBS, which easily gives us a leg up on the competition. On top of that we have more sports than most schools and are able to compete in all sports, not just some.

With yesterday's performance against Wake Forest, Liberty will be on a lot of conferences radars.

#53 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,023 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

Liberty isn't a real university.

If I'd had a dollar every time I had heard that lol.

We're one of the only schools not in debt because the graduates of our school become so successful that they give back to the school.

#54 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

We've actually completed a feasibility study unlike most schools that are trying to move up to the FBS, which easily gives us a leg up on the competition. On top of that we have more sports than most schools and are able to compete in all sports, not just some.

With yesterday's performance against Wake Forest, Liberty will be on a lot of conferences radars.

App has completed a feasibility study and they're still FCS, despite having a football program that is way ahead of Liberty. Georgia Southern has done the same.

Liberty has the same problem that App has: no market. Conference moves are just as much about markets as they are performance. Lynchburg is a decent little mountain town, but it does nothing to boost the television profile of a conference.

You can only move FBS if you have a home. Liberty has no home. You can't just move to FBS without an invitation.

CUSA definitely isn't going to take Liberty. CUSA has already taken a gamble on three FCS programs (Charlotte, ODU, UTSA), it isn't going to take on any more unless they're in a huge market (University of Delaware). The Sun Belt would take App or James Madison before they took Liberty, and Liberty doesn't really fit the profile or the geographic footprint of the MAC.

Those are the only conference options that would have maybe been realistic for Liberty. You certainly aren't going to the Big East or ACC.

It honestly wouldn't shock me if the NCAA puts a moratorium on move-ups from FCS in the very near future. It has been discussed and several conference commissioners have made reference to that happening.

I stay on top of conference realignment regularly, checking daily. Liberty's name almost never comes up in news stories and rarely shows up on message boards unless by a Liberty poster.

Liberty should aim to be ODU's replacement in the CAA

#55 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

If I'd had a dollar every time I had heard that lol.

We're one of the only schools not in debt because the graduates of our school become so successful that they give back to the school.

So successful?

Liberty's average starting salary:

$35,400/yr. (ranking 256th among Southern universities)

Liberty's average mid-level career salary:
$56,000 (ranking 264th among Southern universities)

I'm sure Liberty offers a fine education (except in science), but let's not pretend it is something it's not.

Liberty has a boatload of money for several reasons. They get a ton of money from very wealthy families like the Truett family from Chick Fil A, Christian organizations, and followers of Falwell's work.

They also have one of, if not the largest, online education program in the nation which has substantially lower costs than teaching in a classroom setting.

#56 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,023 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

App has completed a feasibility study and they're still FCS, despite having a football program that is way ahead of Liberty. Georgia Southern has done the same.

Liberty has the same problem that App has: no market. Conference moves are just as much about markets as they are performance. Lynchburg is a decent little mountain town, but it does nothing to boost the television profile of a conference.

You can only move FBS if you have a home. Liberty has no home. You can't just move to FBS without an invitation.

CUSA definitely isn't going to take Liberty. CUSA has already taken a gamble on three FCS programs (Charlotte, ODU, UTSA), it isn't going to take on any more unless they're in a huge market (University of Delaware). The Sun Belt would take App or James Madison before they took Liberty, and Liberty doesn't really fit the profile or the geographic footprint of the MAC.

Those are the only conference options that would have maybe been realistic for Liberty. You certainly aren't going to the Big East or ACC.

It honestly wouldn't shock me if the NCAA puts a moratorium on move-ups from FCS in the very near future. It has been discussed and several conference commissioners have made reference to that happening.

I stay on top of conference realignment regularly, checking daily. Liberty's name almost never comes up in news stories and rarely shows up on message boards unless by a Liberty poster.

Liberty should aim to be ODU's replacement in the CAA

I'm not trying to sound like a prick, but I really do have inside info, not just message board info.

I am well aware of the rules and regulations, I actually work for the football team at Liberty, and I can promise you that there is a market for conference transfers. The problem is most of these conferences want a team that can compete in all sports and make money. Teams like App, Georgia Southern struggle to find a home because they aren't competitive in all sports and in Apps case, has no market to make money.

Also as far as market goes for actual revenue and such, Liberty has a good market because of their online program which boosts the schools enrollment to 80,000 (this gains them a lot of fans). I'm guessing you haven't been up to Lynchburg in a while; but the city has grown enormously. Lynchburg is about five times the size of Boone.

The Sun Belt has contacted Liberty and expressed interest in Liberty joining their conference but there has been no formal offer yet. Geographic's are the least bit of concern these days for conferences, they just want to make money.

Also I wouldn't rule out the Big East because they just expressed a desire to add more teams in order to keep the conference alive. Also unlike App State, Liberty has proven they can compete in more than just one sport. App State has football, that's it. Liberty made appearances in the NCAA Tournament in men's soccer, volleyball, women's basketball, and other sports last year.

Finally, Liberty has already said they will not make a lateral move because that would just waste time and money.

There are some things that I can't get into because if info gets out that is not supposed to and somehow gets linked back to me, I will get in a lot of trouble; just take that for what it's worth.

#57 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,023 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

So successful?

Liberty's average starting salary:

$35,400/yr. (ranking 256th among Southern universities)

Liberty's average mid-level career salary:
$56,000 (ranking 264th among Southern universities)

I'm sure Liberty offers a fine education (except in science), but let's not pretend it is something it's not.

Liberty has a boatload of money for several reasons. They get a ton of money from very wealthy families like the Truett family from Chick Fil A, Christian organizations, and followers of Falwell's work.

They also have one of, if not the largest, online education program in the nation which has substantially lower costs than teaching in a classroom setting.

I am a sport management major, so I speak for the sport management department; but they have one of the best on east coast.

There a few guys that graduated from Liberty that actually work for the Panthers now.

#58 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

I'm not trying to sound like a prick, but I really do have inside info, not just message board info.

I am well aware of the rules and regulations, I actually work for the football team at Liberty, and I can promise you that there is a market for conference transfers. The problem is most of these conferences want a team that can compete in all sports and make money. Teams like App, Georgia Southern struggle to find a home because they aren't competitive in all sports and in Apps case, has no market to make money.

Also as far as market goes for actual revenue and such, Liberty has a good market because of their online program which boosts the schools enrollment to 80,000 (this gains them a lot of fans). I'm guessing you haven't been up to Lynchburg in a while; but the city has grown enormously. Lynchburg is about five times the size of Boone.

The Sun Belt has contacted Liberty and expressed interest in Liberty joining their conference but there has been no formal offer yet. Geographic's are the least bit of concern these days for conferences, they just want to make money.

Also I wouldn't rule out the Big East because they just expressed a desire to add more teams in order to keep the conference alive. Also unlike App State, Liberty has proven they can compete in more than just one sport. App State has football, that's it. Liberty made appearances in the NCAA Tournament in men's soccer, volleyball, women's basketball, and other sports last year.

Finally, Liberty has already said they will not make a lateral move because that would just waste time and money.

There are some things that I can't get into because if info gets out that is not supposed to and somehow gets linked back to me, I will get in a lot of trouble; just take that for what it's worth.

The Sun Belt talked to every school on the east coast/Texas with a pulse to gauge interest. They had to have a list of options, but that doesn't mean an invitation was imminent.

They gave Charlotte an invitation despite never playing a down.

Liberty was passed over for a school that has never played a down of football (Charlotte), a school that had played 1 year of football (UTSA), a school that had 2 years of football history (Ga. State), and a school that doesn't play football (UT-Arlington).

Doesn't say much for the interest in Liberty now does it?

I have nothing against Liberty, if they get into an FBS conference, that's great, but I'd bet every dollar I have that 10 years from now they'll still be FCS unless the NCAA decides to allow a new FBS conference to form to replace the WAC.

#59 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,023 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

The Sun Belt talked to every school on the east coast/Texas with a pulse to gauge interest. They had to have a list of options, but that doesn't mean an invitation was imminent.

They gave Charlotte an invitation despite never playing a down.

Liberty was passed over for a school that has never played a down of football (Charlotte), a school that had played 1 year of football (UTSA), a school that had 2 years of football history (Ga. State), and a school that doesn't play football (UT-Arlington).

Doesn't say much for the interest in Liberty now does it?

I have nothing against Liberty, if they get into an FBS conference, that's great, but I'd bet every dollar I have that 10 years from now they'll still be FCS unless the NCAA decides to allow a new FBS conference to form to replace the WAC.

UNCC's Market = Huge

They also are competitive in a lot of sports.

Their basketball team is regularly good and their soccer team made it to the championship game last year.

Smaller market teams are going to be competing against each other since a lot of the bigger market teams already have found a home in the fbs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com