http://www.forbes.co...the-chevy-volt/

#63 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

Jesus, for a $199/mo lease, I want one.

The reality is that these cars just cost too much for an average person right now. Gas will have to stay at $4/gallon long term and the cost of these will have to come down to the mid-20's before they really gain traction.

There are several other models of car with similar tech coming out this year and next, so I imagine the price will drop on these types of cars.

#64 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,027 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

Fwiw, there just isn't much of a Market for Electric cars in general. I do think that GM needs to keep working with the technology though even if they lose money on it because eventually there will be a much bigger market for them. They are making up for it with other cars/trucks. For example, GM has sold nearly 250,000 Silverado's this year. They sold 240,000 total vehicles in August. They can probably afford to keep the volt in play even if its just a technology demonstrator. But they do need to get it right, and ensure that those few that do buy the thing are satisfied with it.

#65 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,970 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

add to the problem the cost and the # of unemployed and it's creating a backlog and the demand can't get there yet. to me everything for the US hinges on jobs. wanna have more taxes/revenue? jobs. want to sell more cars so GM and others can stay viable and competitive? jobs.
housing and on and on depend on jobs in the US.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com