Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

I like it...

#62 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,838 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

So Poole is still a Panther? Butler too?

#63 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

Poole appears on the Panthers.com as a player on IR. So does CB Darius Bulter.

Poole:

Placed on injured reserve with injured ribs by Carolina (9/1/12)...Waived/injured by Carolina (8/31/12)..

Butler:

Placed on injured reserve with a concussion by Carolina (9/1/12)...Waived/injured by Carolina (8/31/12)

#64 jdpanther5

jdpanther5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationBurlington

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

No they don't have to. I answered that wrong. Heres the real answer. In order for players to be put on the "reserve p.u.p." they have to start training camp on the "active p.u.p".

Heres an article from a steelers website that cleared it up for me.
http://www.steelersd...ligible-for-it/

Nice, thanks. Makes sense that Gettis would be on the "Active" PUP, and it looks like if he can't go by Week 8 then he'll essentially be I.R.'ed.

#65 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

So Butler and Poole are on IR?

If so, that is a clear case of stashing players, something Hurney has done before, because neither one of those injuries are even close to season ending.

#66 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

So Butler and Poole are on IR?

If so, that is a clear case of stashing players, something Hurney has done before, because neither one of those injuries are even close to season ending.

Are you complaining? Keep the talent however you can and keep building for the future. It's nice to know Hurney is willing to bend the rules to do so. Nothing wrong with that.

#67 sml1950

sml1950

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

It's going to cost Jerry a few million bucks to keep these IR guys around for another year. Rivera must think they all have the potential to actually make the 53 next year. At least they won't count against the cap.

#68 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,367 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

lol just looked up njpanthers on twitter for shits and giggles

@NJPanthers12
In no way am I confirming this but from what I have been hearing my educated guess for the next 13 cuts are: Bryant, Finley, Rosario, Poole

I like how he is also somehow an expert on the Knicks as well

#69 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,367 posts

lol just looked up njpanthers on twitter for shits and giggles

@NJPanthers12
In no way am I confirming this but from what I have been hearing my educated guess for the next 13 cuts are: Bryant, Finley, Rosario, Poole

I like how he is also somehow an expert on the Knicks as well

#70 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,177 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

It's going to cost Jerry a few million bucks to keep these IR guys around for another year.  Rivera must think they all have the potential to actually make the 53 next year.  At least they won't count against the cap.

It won't even cost him one million, what are you talking about?

#71 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Are you complaining? Keep the talent however you can and keep building for the future. It's nice to know Hurney is willing to bend the rules to do so. Nothing wrong with that.

Not complaining at all. Actually, I predicted Hurney would do this a couple of weeks ago, but I thought he would do it with someone on the D-line.

Like others said, as long as JR doesn't mind the money, it's a great way to keep players around.

#72 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

It's going to cost Jerry a few million bucks to keep these IR guys around for another year. Rivera must think they all have the potential to actually make the 53 next year. At least they won't count against the cap.

Yes they do. And so do the PS players.
ALL payments to players count against the cap as of the start of the season.

#73 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

I like our PS. We've got some solid depth. Superbowl.

#74 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,838 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

I thought if they were waived/injured that it usually meant an injury settlement and they're no longer a part of the team? Just curious because I find it interesting if we still have them as members of the team, just on IR, because we could bring either of them back later in the season if so.

#75 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

I thought if they were waived/injured that it usually meant an injury settlement and they're no longer a part of the team? Just curious because I find it interesting if we still have them as members of the team, just on IR, because we could bring either of them back later in the season if so.

It's kind of like the situation with Jake Ballard when the Giants waived him injured and then the Patriots snagged him. He is subject to waivers to see if another team wants to pick him up, if they do pick him up then he takes a physical and all of that before he is put on IR or a member of the team. If no one does pick him up, then I think a settlement is reached to place him on IR as a member of the team, but at probably a lower cost. So there was risk waiving him injured because someone could grab him. But no one did. So he is still here on IR for next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com