Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackofalltrades

My Armanti thread.

67 posts in this topic

Another Armanti thread. Great. You make a pretty good argument but calling Appalachian State a glorified high school makes you look like an idiot.

Lol, ok. Had he come from the SEC or other legit school the transition may have been easier, but ASU football is minor leagues, at best.

1 person likes this

Do you believe Marty makes mistakes?

2009 and 2010 drafts come to mind.

Oh noes! This guy hates his life. What a loser. He also has never been a NFL GM so his opinion on anything means about as much as my fart.

....am I doing it right?

Was I calling you out? Some people take it too far, and yes, I believe that it reflects on something greather than just football. Take it easy.

I love how people try to spin pointing out the Amanti project has been a complete bust based on other QB conversions......somehow means people are miserable and hate their lives.

Talk about a desperate reach.

Fans critique their team. Simple and plain.

I concur. There's a difference between critiquing and nit picking.

Lol, ok. Had he come from the SEC or other legit school the transition may have been easier, but ASU football is minor leagues, at best.

Like Dwayne Jarrett? I don't care where a guy went to school so long as he can play. There are guys that can make the transition from a small school to the NFL and some that come from BCS schools that can't. Each player has to be judged on what they can do. Will AE ever complete the transition? I doubt it. But, the coaches and FO apparently feel he is one of the 53 best in the Panthers organization at this point. I think belittling ASU's FCS level is a waste of time.

Like Dwayne Jarrett? I don't care where a guy went to school so long as he can play. There are guys that can make the transition from a small school to the NFL and some that come from BCS schools that can't. Each player has to be judged on what they can do. Will AE ever complete the transition? I doubt it. But, the coaches and FO apparently feel he is one of the 53 best in the Panthers organization at this point. I think belittling ASU's FCS level is a waste of time.

I wasn't worried about people's opinions, or what they/you think is a waste of time.There are a lot of trends that prevail in the NFL, the failure of USC offensive skill players is one of them, much like the quality of defensive prospects coming out of U of Miami.Yes, there are a select few that can rise above, personally I hope Silotolu is one of them. But playing on a bigger stage against a better quality opponent makes a difference.

I concur. There's a difference between critiquing and nit picking.

Nothing nitpicky about commenting on the Edwards saga....

Other things on this board, I would agree....

I don't get trashing 1AA. After all, the top 3 receivers of all time played 1AA football, including the best football player ever...

I wasn't worried about people's opinions, or what they/you think is a waste of time.There are a lot of trends that prevail in the NFL, the failure of USC offensive skill players is one of them, much like the quality of defensive prospects coming out of U of Miami.Yes, there are a select few that can rise above, personally I hope Silotolu is one of them. But playing on a bigger stage against a better quality opponent makes a difference.

Of course it does. That's like saying politicians lie and Romo chokes. I too hope Silotolu is one of them. I also hope AE is one of them. I think this will be his last season in Carolina (same with Clausen), but that doesn't mean I'm going to root against a Panther.

And before you get upset, I'm not saying you're rooting against Panther players, it's a general statement.