Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrell McClain waived by Panthers

469 posts in this topic

Posted

Speaking of ProFootballFocus, I actually work with them now creating some of their fantasy tools and assisting on the technical side. Their new Custom Rankings Toolkit is my technological baby, as are the depth charts and week-to-week projections. Their Premium Stats are slick as hell too.

3 people like this

Posted

Not a Hurney move.

Figures, because this is a decent move.

Posted

we are improved, but far from rock solid. Ron Edwards is old as dirt. DT is still a draft need.

ron edwards is as old as steve smith, who is arguably our best player. and age is less of a problem for a DT , than say a WR because you do not need elite athleticism/speed to play the position at a high level.

Posted

I guess people in this thread seem to give more fugs than McClain did, maybe ya'll could loan him some?

I like this move and I think it's an improvement. I hope he can occupy more blockers when we blitz, you would think his experience in the 3-4 would indicate he has that ability. I also like the way his former teammates reacted to this. Adding more experience on the defensive line should help tremendously.

Speaking of ProFootballFocus, I actually work with them now creating some of their fantasy tools and assisting on the technical side. Their new Custom Rankings Toolkit is my technological baby, as are the depth charts and week-to-week projections. Their Premium Stats are slick as hell too.

That's awesome.

1 person likes this

Posted

WOW

Posted

the Edwards Wall

Posted

Re: the 2011 draft class...

If we get Cam and ONLY Cam out of that class Hurney gets an A+ from me.

Posted

Run stopper is something gets thrown out to defend a poor DL play because it is difficult to prove. In Fua's case I wouldn't call him a stopper of anything unless you call getting pushed back 5 yards and making a tackle for an eight yard gain, a run stopper.

Your talking out of your ass right now. I however will glady direct you to plenty of times where fua stuffed the run. Hell he even beat Mangold 1 on 1 in preseason. I don't think he has the makings of an all pro but he has potential to be a servicable Nose tackle at this point in his career. He may improve even more he may not but at this point he was better than Mcclain. Ask Kalil.

Posted

R.Edwards and D.Edwards.....

.....so we have the Red Dead defensive line now?

3 people like this

Posted

my shock at this move is displaced only by my raw excitement at the edwards signing. our line just upgraded in a big, big way.

Posted

Rivera seems like a big heart/effort/loves to play football guy.

I would assume McClain may have lacked some of that....that to date seems to be the only way to get on the Rivera bad side

Posted

Lol at anyone giving a poo about cutting McClain. This is an upgrade.

4 people like this