Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrell McClain waived by Panthers

469 posts in this topic

Posted

I thought Buffalo now ran a 4-3, where he played DT. I don't know he also has experience as a 34 DE. But it's got to be one of the least complicated jobs on the field from a mental aspect.

unless i'm mistaken, the shift to a 4-3 was supposed to be happening this year with wannstedt becoming the DC.

it's complication probably has more to do with the complexity of the scheme. i agree that it should be one of the least complicated positions, but it's one of the hardest to develop for some reason.

Posted

i'm not. dwan probably jumps in as the starting UT along side ron. dwan's arrival pushes the other guys down and mcclain out.

I was giving you a reason why people are upset we kept Fua over McClain. You said cutting McClain has nothing do to with Fua and about getting a better UT. However the reason why people are upset about keeping Fua over McClain is because Kearse can play both. And since Kearse > McClain > Fua. Fua should've been the one out with Kearse being our backup NT and McClain backup UT.

Posted

Since when does everyone like McClain? Did I miss something?

I'm excited about the Dwan signing. I'm glad we cut another UT to make room for him.

Posted

Look guys...

...It is what it is.

Posted

Ron Edwards, Dwan Edwards, Frank Kearse, Fua and Nebblett (after ban).

CJ, Hardy, Applewhite, Kieser and Alexander.

Now that is a D line I could be happy with.

1 person likes this

Posted

I was giving you a reason why people are upset we kept Fua over McClain. You said cutting McClain has nothing do to with Fua and about getting a better UT. However the reason why people are upset about keeping Fua over McClain is because Kearse can play both. And since Kearse > McClain > Fua. Fua should've been the one out with Kearse being our backup NT and McClain backup UT.

that's making it unnecessarily complicated.

they looked at a 3 tech they wanted. they looked at what they had and the numbers they wanted for that slot and they cut the one that was the weakest there. simple and clean.

Posted

Gotta love how people throw out their uneducated opinions as if they were facts.

Posted

Dwan & Ron Edwards make a strong vet interior and Dwan is a strong asset to have going into our hybrid 3-4 sets. CJ, Ron, and Dwan...nice. CJ, DWan, Ron, Hardy/Keiser/Applewhite...if we stay healthy this is much much much better than last year

Posted

that's making it unnecessarily complicated.

they looked at a 3 tech they wanted. they looked at what they had and the numbers they wanted for that slot and they cut the one that was the weakest there. simple and clean.

It's really not that complicated at all

Posted

dwan edwards and mcclain play the same position...which is not the position that fua plays...and no, they aren't all the same.

it was a numbers game. if fua was a UT then he would probably have been the one cut. they let go the weak link at UT.

Exactly, we needed a strong vet presence at UT. We have that at NT with Ron Edwards. It's a numbers game and we cut the DT at UT that didn't show growth. I think Kearse plays NT and UT. His burst off the line and ability to get small and up field make him a player that has a higher ceiling.

Posted

Since when does everyone like McClain? Did I miss something?

I'm excited about the Dwan signing. I'm glad we cut another UT to make room for him.

if they had cut fua there'd still be a bunch of griping.

what's done is done, though. the Dline has been upgraded, specifically UT.

c'mon get happy.

Posted

Applaud Rivera for making this move.

Wasting the LBs if it wasn't.

Next year though, Panthers had best have a better draft, Steve Smith can't play forever, neither can Edwards, or Gross. Without Smith, that offense is stalls...no one to stretch the field....and no, I'm not a David Gettis believer.