Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

Terrell McClain waived by Panthers

469 posts in this topic

It's really not that complicated at all

unnecessary at any rate.

they cut the weakest UT to make way for a new starter. not sure why this is so hard to accept.

Ron Edwards, Dwan Edwards, Frank Kearse, Fua and Nebblett (after ban).

CJ, Hardy, Applewhite, Kieser and Alexander.

Now that is a D line I could be happy with.

It is better than was.

A week should be enough time for D-Edwards to start on Sunday. He participated in full camp and preseason and should be in game shape. Veteran guy so the scheme should come pretty quick to him. Hope he can get it done.

Gotta love how people throw out their uneducated opinions as if they were facts.

People on here love to pretend they know everything about football and team management, so that they can convince themselves that they're hating on Hurney for the right reasons. These people know so little about football that they feel putting the blame solely on Hurney is the safest option because they can't figure out how to explain this team's lack of success and they're afraid of showing their ignorance to everybody.

I'm not ashamed to say that I come onto this forum to learn more about football. I don't know what everyone else's problem is. Some people just have to walk around with this smug idea that they already know everything about everything. Combine that with the need to get angry at every bit of news that comes out concerning this team and you get a bunch of stuck-up, intolerant assholes that feel like they're getting "attacked" whenever other people have differing opinions and simply want to have a good discussion with them.

Nope.

Better be careful using PFF. People get upset when I point out he was worse than Martin last year per them....and has been poo ever since 2008.

I love the Dwan move!

Now, I'm a bit more optimistic about the Dline.

If Beason comes back healthy and ready, WATCH OUT! Big season for Beason, and Kuechly.

unnecessary at any rate.

they cut the weakest UT to make way for a new starter. not sure why this is so hard to accept.

Ok, well they kept the weakest NT then. McClain showed more promise last season than Fua. So, since we got another guy to do both positions, Fua should've been gone. Why is that so hard to understand?

Btw, I like the Dwan pick up. Just don't think the worse guy was cut.

Ok, well they kept the weakest NT then. McClain showed more promise last season than Fua. So, since we got another guy to do both positions, Fua should've been gone. Why is that so hard to understand?

Btw, I like the Dwan pick up. Just don't think the worse guy was cut.

You still don't cut the worst NT on the roster to make room for an upgrade at UT, especially when that would leave us with only one NT. If we had more NTs than UTs and one of them was expendable, then maybe an NT would have been cut to make room for Dwan. It doesn't matter if Kearse "can" play both positions, Rivera sees Kearse as a UT. If you want to add a new UT and you have an expendable UT on the roster, then you cut the worst UT to make room for the new addition. It's really that simple. Convince yourself that this move makes sense because it does.

2 people like this

There must be more to this than just his play. No way they give up on him, based on play alone, so soon. He didn't even finish his rookie season, and Rivera had some good things to say...

Fua might or might not be better than McClain. But if we cut McClain over Fua, then it has to be a work ethic issue IMO. If Fua shows up day in and day out trying to improve, and McClain shows that he is not working hard enough to improve. Then why cut Fua to give McClain a roster spot? People say it takes 3 years for a DT to develop in the NFL. So this is year 2 for Fua. I honestly believe that Fua has a better work ethic and shows he cares about improving, McClain must have shown RR that he doesnt care enough to be better.

Whatever the case, if RR is still going to support Fua, then so will I.