Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrell McClain waived by Panthers

469 posts in this topic

Posted

You've got it backwards, Fua is and has been significantly better than Mcclain

Perhaps in this preseason, but as a total body of work I thought McClain had a significant edge.

Posted

Watch the Bucs jump on him.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wtf I didn't think he was that bad, did he get hurt? The Edwards pickup makes me happy though.

Posted

My thoughts exactly.

McClain > Fua

Nope, the front office just proved it too.

Posted

I'd keep McClain over Armanti 10 times out of 10. This is perplexing.

3 people like this

Posted

I think it's clearly an attitude problem. That is the only reason Marty would make that move so soon.

1 person likes this

Posted

Makes me wonder what McClain got into last night...Might be off the field issues.

I was thinking along those same lines, for a team that usually sticks with its draft picks that's extremely early to give up on the 65th pick in the draft just 17 months later.

Someone check the Police Blotter.

2 people like this

Posted

Per Gantt twitter.Terrell McClain waived; Dwan Edwards signed.

Wow.

Like I said, Rivera prefers Fua because he looks like he could be his son. No other reason to justify Fua > McClain or Shirley.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wowza

Posted

It's just amazing to me that Marty is so quick to give up on a guy like this yet Armanti and bitchboy Clausen are still on the team.

Another wasted draft pick.

Most draft picks are "wasted". If you can get 1 or 2 guys out of a class you're lucky. Look at the supposedly best organization in the NFL, the Pats. Butler was a second round pick, and they dumped him with no hesitation. I have no problem with the release, rather they did that than waste time if they don't think the guy can become a player.

2 people like this

Posted

So Hurney cut a 3rd rounder before his second year? Huh?

Hurney must obviously not like McClain "as a person".

Posted

Perhaps in this preseason, but as a total body of work I thought McClain had a significant edge.

No other way of proving to you, than stating I specifically went back and watched every game last season on nfl rewind. I wacthed every preseason game twice this year. I paid more focus to the d-line than anything else. I have no reason to be biased towards one over the other. Trust me on this one, or don't just trust the front office.

3-techs always get more love from the fans becuase they have different responsibilites. The 3-tech gets to rush the passer and face more 1 on 1 matchups. The Nose has to do the dirty work,absorb many double teams and stuff the run. Theres a good ron edwards video on panthers.com where Edwards does a great job of explaining the responsiiblities of the nose

2 people like this