Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrell McClain waived by Panthers

469 posts in this topic

Posted

Still it doesn't change the underline problem that we used a 3rd round pick on a guy and cut him a year later. Somebody F'd up here.

How anyone can be happy about throwing in the towel on a 3rd round pick after ONE season is beyond me.

This isnt a 6th or 7th round pick we are talking here.

Teams cant afford to fug up on to many high round draft picks.

Posted

Its like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.

2 people like this

Posted

I had no idea Terrell McClain was this important.

Posted

I am a USF alum and his biggest supporter and I don't give a poo about it anymore.

Posted

This wasnt the issue.

Off the field issues played a role in this.

Of course it did cuz you know everything that happens behind the scenes right? It has NOTHING to do cuz he just plain out sucked..

Posted

I had no idea Terrell McClain was this important.

People keep missing the point.

You cut a 3rd round pick after 1 year and the reason is "not showing consistency". This is a problem.

When you have a history of and still have people on the roster now who haven't shown consistency for years.

We just want to know what else happen.

Posted

I get the point, but it's done with. I would've preferred several other guys gone before McClain to make room for Edwards. I understand venting and reasoning it out with fellow fans, but only for a period of time... It's over with. As fans, we pull for the team with the hand that was dealt, lol.

Posted

Still it doesn't change the underline problem that we used a 3rd round pick on a guy and cut him a year later. Somebody F'd up here.

You know who F'd up? Terrell McClain F'd up. He had the opportunity and the potential to be a part of this team going forward. It's obvious that the coaches didn't feel he took advantage of either or those things.

From the sound of it, he wasn't giving the effort needed to improve. On this team lack of effort will get you fired no matter where you were drafted. But, if you show effort and improvement you will be given a chance to stay around.

That's why AE is still here. He continues to impress coaches with his work ethic and effort.

1 person likes this

Posted

I get the point, but it's done with. I would've preferred several other guys gone before McClain to make room for Edwards. I understand venting and reasoning it out with fellow fans, but only for a period of time... It's over with. As fans, we pull for the team with the hand that was dealt, lol.

It just happen a day ago? So we can know for the future situation when does the statute of limitations run out on a topic?

And can I bring this up on other people who bring up old topics?

Posted

I'm just giving you my opinion. You can do whatever you want, I just don't think it's worth this much energy/time...

We didn't just cut John Randle.

Posted

You know who F'd up? Terrell McClain F'd up. He had the opportunity and the potential to be a part of this team going forward. It's obvious that the coaches didn't feel he took advantage of either or those things.

From the sound of it, he wasn't giving the effort needed to improve. On this team lack of effort will get you fired no matter where you were drafted. But, if you show effort and improvement you will be given a chance to stay around.

That's why AE is still here. He continues to impress coaches with his work ethic and effort.

Beyond the McClain thing. When will AE impress enough to get on the field. He was so impressive we drafted somebody to do his job.

Posted

I'm just giving you my opinion. You can do whatever you want, I just don't think it's worth this much energy/time...

We didn't just cut John Randle.

How do you know?? He only played 1 year in a position that takes 2 or 3 years to reach your potential. Jovan Haye did pretty good.