Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

Terrell McClain waived by Panthers

469 posts in this topic

if you ain't got it, you ain't got it. he ain't got it. apparently they saw enough in him to know that he wasn't going to develop much beyond where he was now. they see him a lot more than any of us. how long does it take to tell if someone is going to be able to grasp their job or not and/or if they are really worth the hassle/investment of keeping them around for longer. with some people it just doesn't take long to tell. good talent evaluators can tell pretty quickly who they think can make it and who can't.

i think rivera qualifies as a good talent evaluator or at least he should after all these years in the league.

if dwan edwards hadn't been picked up, mcclain would likely still be on the team. they saw an opportunity to improve and cut the weak link. it doesn't matter who that weak link was, how they were obtained, or even how much they cost. they made the right move because it made the team better.

That is BS.

There are plenty of players that stunk it up their first few years and turned out to be good players.

Your comment of "if you aint got it, you aint got it" would only be accurate if there wasnt a such thing as development.

Good talent evaluaters?!? Please, there have been many a good talent evaluaters that missed on players.

I have no problem with getting Dwan. They should have cut Amarti or some other player that hasnt done anything that had had time to develop.

i'm not sure why that is so hard to accept or believe...

I am not sure why it is so hard to accept or believe off the field issues played a role in cutting Mclain.

I am not sure why it is so hard to accept or believe off the field issues played a role in cutting Mclain.

again i didn't say that wasn't the case.

i'm just saying that the easiest and most likely explanation (and for some reason the hardest to accept) was that it was just a numbers game and mcclain just lost out.

if you look on the roster as a whole...there are 53 spots. 3 of those went to ST guys...LS, PK, P.

that leaves 50. 25 spots went to offense. 25 went to defense.

on offense, 9 went to the OL.

on defense 9 went to the DL.

on the DL, they have two NTs and 2 UTs.

anyone see what i'm seeing? is it a coincidence or do you think the coaching staff, to help make judgment calls easier, when they were deciding the final roster said that they want 'x' number of players at each position?

they picked up a DT that they needed. they wanted to keep the balance the way they had planned on and cut lose the weakest player at the position they were adding the player to. it's just as simple as that.

it's a good system to go by and it makes sense and its something that teams and organizations do all the time.

1 person likes this

apparently the coaching staff saw it differently.

i think i'll defer to their judgement.

I defer to have my own opinion and not agree with everything this FO does.

1 person likes this

That is BS.

There are plenty of players that stunk it up their first few years and turned out to be good players.

Your comment of "if you aint got it, you aint got it" would only be accurate if there wasnt a such thing as development.

Good talent evaluaters?!? Please, there have been many a good talent evaluaters that missed on players.

I have no problem with getting Dwan. They should have cut Amarti or some other player that hasnt done anything that had had time to develop.

not all players are capable of significant development. same with people. they have their ceilings and good evaluators can spot that. do they sometimes fail? sure, but that's no reason to not go on and truest your evaluations and cut loose those who you don't deem to fit what you want or need.

I defer to have my own opinion and not agree with everything this FO does.

good for you.

good for you.

I know it's nice not being a robot.

probably because there's no proof...

Last week.

"McClain is a scrub."

Past 2 Days...

"He had so much potential should have cut Fua."