Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrell McClain waived by Panthers

469 posts in this topic

Posted

If that's the plan this is one of the stupidest shitty plans a GM can have.

1. I can see if we were waiting on a Megatron to develop. But no one here can say AE will be a Megatron. I don't see waiting on somebody to turn into Randel EL.

2. Why did we draft Joe Adams if we're waiting on AE to develop?

3. If Marty can admit the mistake with McClain then he should admit the mistake with AE.

4. There are 2 younger bigger and better wr on the practice squad. Why risk losing them to keep on with this stupid plan of developing a Randel El?

like i said, i want him off the team as much as you and everyone else does and i agree with you 100%. i was just stating my opinion on WHY he's still here, not why he SHOULD still be here. besides, this thread is about mcclain, not armanti.

Posted

so Gabeking has accepted my challenge..

Posted

looks like I won...peace out bitches.

Posted

If that's the plan this is one of the stupidest shitty plans a GM can have.

1. I can see if we were waiting on a Megatron to develop. But no one here can say AE will be a Megatron. I don't see waiting on somebody to turn into Randel EL.

2. Why did we draft Joe Adams if we're waiting on AE to develop?

3. If Marty can admit the mistake with McClain then he should admit the mistake with AE.

4. There are 2 younger bigger and better wr on the practice squad. Why risk losing them to keep on with this stupid plan of developing a Randel El?

okay, so you think Hurney's plan is stupid, that is fine... but he's pretty much said before that Armanti is on a 3 year plan. Think that cutting McClain was hypocritical or whatever if you want, but we don't see what the coaches see.

Hurney has a plan for Armanti and Armanti has apparently been chugging along largely as Hurney expected, at least close enough not to cut him. Apparently whatever McClain's plan was, he wasn't meeting expectations.

Posted

Fanboys(Giving the company line) : AE is on a 3 year plan. Don't you understand what that means?

2 months Later : AE is cut to make room for Gettis

Fanboys: Ah yeah, AE failed to make any progress. Just goes to show noone is safe just ask McClain.

Posted

We should blame Corvey Irvin for all of this, had he not introduced the idea of corrupting pockets to the panthers nick hayden would still be doing that weird army crawl on McClain would have a job somewhere else.

Posted

Fanboys(Giving the company line) : AE is on a 3 year plan. Don't you understand what that means?

Fanboys: Ah yeah, AE failed to make any progress. Just goes to show noone is safe just ask McClain.

Strangely enough, if in 2 months, AE is still exactly as he is today, that would indeed be a change in AE's situation - because he wouldn't have improved any more, thus making it logical to cut him. Maybe they are giving him a chance to get into the regular season and really shine, though I'm not sure they'll cut him this year either way, barring something major.

If they liked someone enough, they might abort AE's 3 year plan, but until they do, they'll keep giving him a chance to show improvement.

Is that really hard to understand? McClain wasn't cut at the end of last year, he was cut this year. A lot has changed - or not changed - since then.

Posted

50/50 this happens. hurney's entitled to change his mind and tbh, i hope he does. not a huge deal either way,, tho.

Posted

I fully believe Aramnti was on a 3 yr plan when drafted....

That doesn't mean things have gone according to plan. Clearly, they haven't.

Posted

I fully believe Aramnti was on a 3 yr plan when drafted....

That doesn't mean things have gone according to plan. Clearly, they haven't.

fox happened.

and then there's that whole being scared if getting hit thing. not expected.

Posted

fox happened.

and then there's that whole being scared if getting hit thing. not expected.

Fox didn't happen.

JR is the one who wanted to start prepping his team for a new start, yet keep Fox, and let his GM have an entire draft where he drafted for no coach or scheme.

Fox was Fox. Did what he does. Problem wasn't Fox, problem was they opted to keep a coach and started rebuilding with him still in the drivers seat.

Posted

so Gabeking has accepted my challenge..

what?