Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,298 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

Mixed emotions.

Liked McClain.

Love Edwards pick up.

Should have cut Clausen. (warning- I'll be saying this "allot")

That would've made more sense. Him, AE, Hartsock, or one of the 5 safeties.

#167 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

This is great news. Not losing hte pick of corse but the fact we are willing to move on quickly to get our Dline fixed. There is no confusion about the Dline not being good enough, even o keep up. Still need to do more, Fua is near worthless as of now.

There is actually some confusion there. Some people think we are good there we just need to give them more time. It hurts them that they can't blame last year on Fox.

#168 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

Potential to be servicable. That would be true for about 99.99% of people who get signed to any team. Maybe he can get double digit tackles this year, or be a physical presence who doesn't get pushed back 90% of time.

But go ahead and talk about how you rewatch the games, and how awesome Fua is.

He never says that Fua is awesome and neither will I, because that is untrue. This man takes the time to watch the games without emotion, much like I do and can see that Fua does not get pushed back 90% of the time. He also does not dominate, he holds his ground and sometimes lets guys get under him and ends up on the ground IN THE HOLE. Where McClain was getting removed from the trenches completely by one man on running downs. The coaches saw it, I saw it, P4L saw it. What you other folks saw was McClain making a few unblocked splash plays and Fua not being 500 lbs, "HE NO CAN PLAY NOSE, HE NO BIG. WE GET RUN ON, MUST BE BECAUSE OF NOSE"

#169 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

Like I said, Rivera prefers Fua because he looks like he could be his son. No other reason to justify Fua > McClain or Shirley.

1. Hurney obviously like Fua more as a person than McClain. He made a personal decision, not a business one.

2. Fua looks like he could be Rivera's son.

ummmm.....uhhhh....i don't even....what the....huh?

#170 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

Move over Minnesota and the Williams wall ... Carolina now has the Edwards wall

first thing i thought of after my initial giddiness of getting this upgrade.

#171 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

ummmm.....uhhhh....i don't even....what the....huh?

Yeah, I don't know why he thinks Fua looks like Rivera either.

#172 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

9 tackles in 11 games. Yup, you are right that isn't awesome. Yup, you are right he does not dominate. Yup, he does end up on the ground. Yup, 90% maybe an exaggeration, none of us know the true percentage. Yup McClain got removed from the trenches too! Nope, I didn't really see McClain make any splash plays. I thought they both were pretty dominated when they were on the field, so I don't know the point you are trying to make.

#173 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

I never liked McClain, because after the lockout ended, he held out trying to get a better contract, knowing that it would be a shortened offseason.

#174 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,298 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

All I know is I'm confused as f**k. The only justification for keeping AE and Clausen, who contribute nothing to this team, were because they were draft picks. But then we cut McClain. So if that thought is thrown out the window, why are AE and Clausen still here?

This move along with the Otah and Mare release mean we aren't keeping around lame players. So are we cutting Clausen soon? Does this mean we will let AE go when Gettis returns or possibly sooner? Is Fua next to be cut as well?

Im also confused on why we kept Fua over him. Last season McClain was pretty good, particularly late in the season, and much better than Fua, who got pushed back 10 yards from scrimmage when he was in. At least keep McClain as a rotational guy and cut someone else.

#175 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

I feel really bad about this by the way, this one hurts. I wanted this guy to be great as I do all panthers, but I wanted us to select this guy for his athletic ability. I have been critical of him since day one, when I was at TC he looked like a beast on the bag drills, but once you put a man in front of him he disappears. Maybe he is too sweet, maybe he doesn't want it....I thought during the Miami game he showed improvement, I guess it wasn't enough..and it wasn't he got stood up all night against the Jets and Steelers scrubs. Fua or no Fua, Armanti or no Armanti that is not good enough.

#176 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationNever neverland

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

This can't be true because i heard it takes 2 to 3 seasons for a defensive tackle to develop.....

#177 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

9 tackles in 11 games. Yup, you are right that isn't awesome. Yup, you are right he does not dominate. Yup, he does end up on the ground. Yup, 90% maybe an exaggeration, none of us know the true percentage. Yup McClain got removed from the trenches too! Nope, I didn't really see McClain make any splash plays. I thought they both were pretty dominated when they were on the field, so I don't know the point you are trying to make.

THE POINT WAS THAT YOU SAID FOR HIM TO GO AHEAD AND TALK ABOUT FUA BEING AWESOME. HE HAS NEVER SAID THIS. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND NOW THAT THE WORDS ARE A LITTLE BIGGER. IF YOU NEED MORE HELP LET ME KNOW K?

#178 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

one thing that surprises me is the reaction. so many bitch and moan about how hurney holds on to draft picks for too long...longer that ANY OTHER GM or so the whiners would have you believe, saying he's unable and unwilling to admit or rectify a mistake but then he buts ties with an early(ish) draft pick from last year and it's a bunch of bitching and moaning about it being a wasted draft pick. his record really isn't that much different than the majority of other GMs out there...but we've got to find some reason to try and point out that he's the WORST GM in the league. meh....

this was an upgrade at the UT position....not NT. sure, fua might be a weaker link on the DLine overall, but he's not a UT. this has nothing to do with fua. this has nothing to do with armanti. this has nothing to do with jimmay. this has everything to do with getting a better 3-tech.

i'm just glad that we didn't hold onto mcclain because we invested a 3rd rounder on him and opted to cut our losses, taking advantage of on opportunity to improve what has been a weak spot for the team.

btw...it doesn't bother me in the slightest that a 3rd rounder didn't work out. there are busts at every position in every round every year. it happens to good teams and bad with pretty much the same frequency. panthers aren't any better or any worse than other teams out there in that regard. DT is the hardest position to draft for any team because there is such a high bust rate and it takes so long for that position to develop, whether UT or NT.

i don't care how we get the pieces to make this team better as long as they make it happen. that's exactly what they did here so why the whining?

#179 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

THE POINT WAS THAT YOU SAID FOR HIM TO GO AHEAD AND TALK ABOUT FUA BEING AWESOME. HE HAS NEVER SAID THIS. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND NOW THAT THE WORDS ARE A LITTLE BIGGER. IF YOU NEED MORE HELP LET ME KNOW K?

U mad?

Obviously, I was being facetious because you can't really make a case for Fua being awesome.

#180 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Im also confused on why we kept Fua over him. Last season McClain was pretty good, particularly late in the season, and much better than Fua, who got pushed back 10 yards from scrimmage when he was in. At least keep McClain as a rotational guy and cut someone else.

dwan edwards and mcclain play the same position...which is not the position that fua plays...and no, they aren't all the same.

it was a numbers game. if fua was a UT then he would probably have been the one cut. they let go the weak link at UT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com