#241 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,506 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

All I know is I'm confused as f**k. The only justification for keeping AE and Clausen, who contribute nothing to this team, were because they were draft picks. But then we cut McClain. So if that thought is thrown out the window, why are AE and Clausen still here?

This move along with the Otah and Mare release mean we aren't keeping around lame players. So are we cutting Clausen soon? Does this mean we will let AE go when Gettis returns or possibly sooner? Is Fua next to be cut as well?

Im also confused on why we kept Fua over him. Last season McClain was pretty good, particularly late in the season, and much better than Fua, who got pushed back 10 yards from scrimmage when he was in. At least keep McClain as a rotational guy and cut someone else.

I have explained why Clausen is sill likely around on several occasions.

Armanti on the other hand.....I am at a loss for a legit reason.

#242 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,506 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

You still don't cut the worst NT on the roster to make room for an upgrade at UT, especially when that would leave us with only one NT. If we had more NTs than UTs and one of them was expendable, then maybe an NT would have been cut to make room for Dwan. It doesn't matter if Kearse "can" play both positions, Rivera sees Kearse as a UT. If you want to add a new UT and you have an expendable UT on the roster, then you cut the worst UT to make room for the new addition. It's really that simple. Convince yourself that this move makes sense because it does.

At least I have found one other person that understands this.

#243 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,140 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

I have explained why Clausen is sill likely around on several occasions.

Armanti on the other hand.....I am at a loss for a legit reason.

You and I just flat out disagree about Clausen. However, I gave my reason for AE in My Armanti Thread.

#244 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,710 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

You still don't cut the worst NT on the roster to make room for an upgrade at UT, especially when that would leave us with only one NT. If we had more NTs than UTs and one of them was expendable, then maybe an NT would have been cut to make room for Dwan. It doesn't matter if Kearse "can" play both positions, Rivera sees Kearse as a UT. If you want to add a new UT and you have an expendable UT on the roster, then you cut the worst UT to make room for the new addition. It's really that simple. Convince yourself that this move makes sense because it does.

If you cut the worst NT on the roster to make room for an upgrade at UT, You will upgrade the NT position by having Kearse take Fua's place. Kearse played it last season and was better than Fua.

#245 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

We all know Carolina needed another solid DT for the starting spot. Guys like McClain and Fue ain't going to cut it for this season. Why the FO didn't cut Jimmy or AE is mystery. But what ever. It is over and done with. Glad we finally got some beef up front to stop the runs and hopefully damand doouble team on both Edwards to open the lanes for LBers to blitz more and get to the QB. We will see if this was a good move come Sunday.

#246 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,140 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

I'd guarantee you the LB's are happy about it.

#247 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,340 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

I guess Kuechly can forget about DRoY. How is he going to rack up the tackles if teams can't run on us?

#248 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,713 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

it's not about mcclain. it's about edwards.

Not sure that's entirely correct. Had we felt McClain was developing nicely and had a future, we could have "discovered" that he had sore ribs or a bad back or knee problems, and stashed him on IR.

They obviously were disappointed in McClain for whatever reason, and I suspect it went beyond just his play on the field.

#249 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

You and I just flat out disagree about Clausen. However, I gave my reason for AE in My Armanti Thread.

You're not disagreeing with anyone on here about Clausen. You're disagreeing with Hurney/Rivera. They want 3 QBs on the roster (as of today at least). I don't know why you feel the need to get upset over something that won't change. If your coach wants 3 QBs, then that's that. It is what it is. There's really no other options at 3rd QB than Clausen either. I'm not saying there aren't better players with more upside, but if we really wanted to replace Clausen we would have given other QBs time with this offense first. If you want 3 QBs, then you...kinda need 3 QBs.

TL;DR Rivera wants 3 QBs. Get over it.

#250 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

I guess Kuechly can forget about DRoY. How is he going to rack up the tackles if teams can't run on us?

Dude I'm sure he will get tackles. But honestly who cares about DROTY when wins are more important. Plus having 2 DTs that are beefy and command 4 guys to just guard them is going to make it a little more easy job for our LBers to get to the the QB and allow our LBers to play more in the passing coverage game whether then be up on LOS to try and stop the run all game. Whether have Luke defend against the pass and covering TEs then have him at the LOS all game trying to stop the run. Screw the ROTY crap. Wins are more importan by far.

#251 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,370 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

I didn't think it was possible but the bitching and moaning in this thread is worse than people complaining about Armanti...

McClain was about as useful as a football bat. The guy had physical tools but got owned in the trenches. We upgraded. Made a move and now the interior of our line may have become another strength on D. Edwards and Edwards. 2 big hogs clogging the middle....

"wahhhh wahhhh why not Fua...why is the Jimmehz still here wahhhhhh"

Dwan > McClain

Let's start threads about how the Bucs are gonna get that ass clapped pap pap pap

#252 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

Let the Ron and Dwan era begin...

#253 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Deep Penetration, featuring Ron and Dwan Edwards.

#254 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

Let the Ron and Dwan era begin...

LOL Sad thing is that ERA want last very long. They are old. Era might last one season or it could last 2 years. But beyond two seasons is very unlikely. But I guess one year is better then nothing. :)

#255 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,531 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

McClain was low man on the totem pole. Pretty simple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com