468 replies to this topic

#271 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

I feel a little better about picking the panthers D in my fantasy football league now

#272 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

i want to have Ronda Rousey's children

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

Ok I'm an old fuc. What the hell is an UT? If I remember from way back when single wing t O was in vogue. The Defense has a 0-1 technique depending on shade to strong side. A 3 technique and a 5 tech. then you have the 7 tech. Is this not the same or has football passed me by. Please enlighten me and bring me up to the hip way of speaking.

#273 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

The only thing I'm sad about is we will no longer be able to call our interior DL McFua. But that's ok because they McFukking sucked anyways.

Pretty excited to have Ron n' Dwan, the Edwards tandem. I'll take serviceable and reliable, albeit slightly older. They'll stay disciplined and won't be overpowered at the line.

For those that say Fua deserved to go, well, didn't you see his Swagtastic photo by a limo? You don't just cut bait with Swag. McClain was way worse anyway on the field.

I'm not upset we "wasted" a third pick either. Hindsight will always prevail, but the truth is the draft is a gamble that gets harder to "calculate" the risks with each subsequent round. We gambled on McClain and lost. Oh well. Cut bait now and try again next year. We've won other gambles in the latter rounds, and we'll be ok with or without the 65th pick in the 2011 NFL draft.

#274 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,387 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

it's not about mcclain. it's about edwards.

No, it's about McClain, I think. I think it's about something we don't know, and likely won't ever know - maybe work ethic, may something else. This team just rarely cuts rookies drafted in that area after less than a season. Something else happened.

#275 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,046 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

Of all the people to cut, McClain was not the one I would have guessed would get waived. I had Jimmy, Armanti, Fua, even the Center from SD, Byers? Before McClain.

Just baffled by the cut. Great addition though. Wish Dwan was a little younger.

After the number that the staff determined they were going to carry at each position was set, you would not cut a QB, WR, or OL to add another DT. The only one you mentioned that could be argued us Fua. However, as many of us get...Fua us a NT and we added an UT. You cut an UT in order to sign a better UT.

I am amazed at how difficult it is for much of the huddle to understand. I thought we had a more knowledgeable group than that...but apparently I was wrong.

#276 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,182 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

I did it. I just finished reading this whole thread. I win.

Some folks get that we just upgraded our D-Line. And that is a win for the Panthers.

Some folks see the upgrade, but hate what player we lost. McClain was a numbers casualty. Not money numbers, but position numbers. In this business sometimes kids lose out.

We just got better. Why all the fap fap fap?

We now have vet DTs, with some talented kids behind them. This is a great situation to be in.

As has been stated, this is not last years Defense. The message is clear. Show up, or get replaced. Players will get the message, and our team will be better because of this.

Giddy the fug up. And GOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#277 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

No more DLine from South Florida

If I'm looking for a big hog in the middle to late rounds...I know where I'm shopping...

SEC conference. Minor leagues to the NFL

#278 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,677 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

We kept Fua over McClain? What a joke.

I really hope Edwards is what a lot of people around here think he is...

#279 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

We kept Fua over McClain? What a joke.

I really hope Edwards is what a lot of people around here think he is...

Fua won't be here much longer either

#280 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,677 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

Fua won't be here much longer either

I hope not. McClain was no prize, but he showed a heck of a lot more than Fua ever did. Just surprised that McClain went first... Then again, I mentioned during the preseason that I thought he had fell into RR's doghouse because he kept dropping in rotation.

#281 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

I hope not. McClain was no prize, but he showed a heck of a lot more than Fua ever did. Just surprised that McClain went first... Then again, I mentioned during the preseason that I thought he had fell into RR's doghouse because he kept dropping in rotation.

Both of those DTs will never make an impact. I'm glad we brought in a vet DT with some size on him to help Ron plug the middle. Just two beefy pigs on the line allowing Kuechly and our other LBs to fly around and punish people.

I hope that rookie RB for Tampa is ready to have his ass stomped

#282 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

Ok I'm an old fuc. What the hell is an UT? If I remember from way back when single wing t O was in vogue. The Defense has a 0-1 technique depending on shade to strong side. A 3 technique and a 5 tech. then you have the 7 tech. Is this not the same or has football passed me by. Please enlighten me and bring me up to the hip way of speaking.

A UT is the, usually, smaller DT in a 4-3 that is used more for penetration than run stuffing. Most of the time they are a in a 3 tech. I would guess most people use UT and 3 tech interchangeably.

#283 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,513 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

After the number that the staff determined they were going to carry at each position was set, you would not cut a QB, WR, or OL to add another DT. The only one you mentioned that could be argued us Fua. However, as many of us get...Fua us a NT and we added an UT. You cut an UT in order to sign a better UT.

I am amazed at how difficult it is for much of the huddle to understand. I thought we had a more knowledgeable group than that...but apparently I was wrong.

Didn't claim to know everything. Don't know who pissed on your cheerios. Maybe you should stick to eating hot turds and making videos for us to enjoy.

#284 Raskle

Raskle

Huddle Rogue

• HUDDLER
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

I don't really give a poo who they cut, so long as they are making an improvement to the team. I just hope that Norman can lock down that #2 CB position, so that next year's draft, we get a first round DT that will actually have the chance of being a beast for us for years to come.

Tired of our DLine looking like a NY Subway turnstile...hopefully R-Ed and D-Ed can fix this for us.

#285 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,182 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

I don't really give a poo who they cut, so long as they are making an improvement to the team. I just hope that Norman can lock down that #2 CB position, so that next year's draft, we get a first round DT that will actually have the chance of being a beast for us for years to come.

Tired of our DLine looking like a NY Subway turnstile...hopefully R-Ed and D-Ed can fix this for us.

Herein lies the problem. There are three basic ways to add personell. Draft, FA, and Trade.

Where we will draft next year, high 20s, MAY yeild a DT. But, he will basically be a 2nd, as the pickings start to thin by then. So you may not get that dominant DT you are looking for.

As for FA. This may just be a possibiltiy next year. If Rivera is pleased with the other two levels, and the right guy becomes available, we may just invest in an elite young DT to put us over the top. I think we will be adding one very good FA next year. And if Rivera thinks it is a DT. I am all for that.

Trades are rare. Especially for top shelf talent. It is just one of those practices the Panthers rarely use. But I will add, that this regime seems to be willing to upgrade when options become available. So a trade is not out of the question.

We are going in the right direction. We are willing to upgrade. We are already knocking on the door. The future starts next week. And it looks a lot better than it did 6 months ago. But no where near as bright as where we are heading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.