468 replies to this topic

#316 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,808 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:16 AM

Did anyone else notice during the Jets and Pittsburg games that Fua played alongside Edwards with excellent results? There was one series in particular near the red zone where Fua was in on 2 of the 3 stops from the UT position. More than meets the eye to this cut.

#317 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:25 AM

I thiink that it is going to come out later that the issue was more about his attitude, work ethic, some off the field issue, etc. than his play. When have we ever abandoned a high pick this fast?

#318 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

I bet he signs with Tampa today. He went to USF and is well liked in the area. They are thin at DT.

#319 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

Sigh.. now i am angry.

#320 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,686 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

I don't care if they played the same position. Fua wasn't good at his position. Krease and Shirley were better NT's. Now Shirley gone and Fua still here.

McClain was a 3 tech and we really only had Nebblett (who is gone for the 1st 4 games) and him. Now we can move some of the DE to 3 tech on passing downs. But We really only had 2 3 techs on the roster. We have 3 NT's on the roster. I would have loved if those 3 were Shirley, Edwards, and Krease. If we can cut McClain like that. Then we could have cut Fua and kept Shirley.

Kearse is a 3-tech, not a NT. While he has played NT some for us, that's not his actual or natural position.

#321 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

I thiink that it is going to come out later that the issue was more about his attitude, work ethic, some off the field issue, etc. than his play. When have we ever abandoned a high pick this fast?

http://espn.go.com/n...terrell-mcclain

Doesn't say that exactly... But Hurney basically says that in the praise he gives D Edwards

#322 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

I bet he signs with Tampa today. He went to USF and is well liked in the area. They are thin at DT.

I hope so.

#323 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,326 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

Did anyone else notice during the Jets and Pittsburg games that Fua played alongside Edwards with excellent results? There was one series in particular near the red zone where Fua was in on 2 of the 3 stops from the UT position. More than meets the eye to this cut.

Nope I didn't notice that.

#324 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,629 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

I am sure there is more to this story.Yea just because we added a DT did not mean we had to release on especially with Nibletts being suspended. I think Rivera sent a strong message that just because we spent a high pick on you there is no sure thing.

#325 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

people keep on making it about mcclain. it's not about mcclain. it's about improving the Dline and getting us a better 3-tech. it's about this team being opportunistic and mcclain just happening to be the weakest link and being let go.

they saw someone who would make a positive difference on the Dline
and picked him up and let go the weakest one at his specific position. nothing more than that.

this is what fans need to wrap their brains around.

John Fox is no longer here. This is Chico's team and the message is clear...............

don't be the last man on the depth chart.

it's a shot across the bow to every player on this team, we're moving forward................

with or without you.

#326 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

Seriously i am very angry,
Releasing a third round after his rookie season is wrong and stupid, or we are missing something?

#327 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hurney probably just flipped a coin between Fua/McClain.

#328 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

Releasing a third round after his rookie season is wrong and stupid, or we are missing something?

I just went to CMPD arrest inquiry and looked him up. Couldn't find anything for him.

#329 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

You know I felt the same way at first because you never really see this being done, but if it was simply a work ethic issue and they didn't see him turning into the player they wanted him to be then I'm glad the move was made.

I'm glad that we took the initiative to fix an inevitable problem before the regular season, rather than just saying 'it is what it is'.

This is a new era and we just have to get use to it.

#330 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

I hope he signs with Tampa.500 rushing yards sounds good to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com