• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#406 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,626 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

I'm just giving you my opinion. You can do whatever you want, I just don't think it's worth this much energy/time...

We didn't just cut John Randle.

#407 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

You know who F'd up? Terrell McClain F'd up. He had the opportunity and the potential to be a part of this team going forward. It's obvious that the coaches didn't feel he took advantage of either or those things.

From the sound of it, he wasn't giving the effort needed to improve. On this team lack of effort will get you fired no matter where you were drafted. But, if you show effort and improvement you will be given a chance to stay around.

That's why AE is still here. He continues to impress coaches with his work ethic and effort.

Beyond the McClain thing. When will AE impress enough to get on the field. He was so impressive we drafted somebody to do his job.

#408 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

I'm just giving you my opinion. You can do whatever you want, I just don't think it's worth this much energy/time...

We didn't just cut John Randle.

How do you know?? He only played 1 year in a position that takes 2 or 3 years to reach your potential. Jovan Haye did pretty good.

#409 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

It just happen a day ago? So we can know for the future situation when does the statute of limitations run out on a topic?

And can I bring this up on other people who bring up old topics?

I do need a answer for this. So I'll know next time.

#410 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,970 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

So again lets cut the DT who had only been here for a years and keep the WR that has done nothing in 3 years.

Still it doesn't change the underline problem that we used a 3rd round pick on a guy and cut him a year later. Somebody F'd up here.

Completely unrelated transactions. You don't cut a WR to add another DT. You cut the lowest rated DT to add a better DT.

The staff had already determined how deep they want to be at each position. Why is that hard to understand?

Now, you can make an argument that we should have signed a different WR and let Armanti go. And, there is support for that,

However, keeping Armanti and making thistle have Nothing to do with each other.

#411 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

Completely unrelated transactions. You don't cut a WR to add another DT. You cut the lowest rated DT to add a better DT.

The staff had already determined how deep they want to be at each position. Why is that hard to understand?

Now, you can make an argument that we should have signed a different WR and let Armanti go. And, there is support for that,

However, keeping Armanti and making thistle have Nothing to do with each other.

So teams have never cut 1 position to add to another?

#412 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

I'm not a Saint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

Beyond the McClain thing. When will AE impress enough to get on the field. He was so impressive we drafted somebody to do his job.

I think with AE he was helped by the injury to Gettis. When Gettis comes back and AE stays then we have to wonder about that situation.

#413 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

I swear some of you act like you own something around here.

Who's the bigger bitch? The person who states his opinion (on a football forum built for people to state their opinions)? Or the person bitching about the person stating his opinion again (on a football forum where people state their opinions)?

Awesome

#414 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

This is my favorite thread of all time. KKL how close did we come to losing you to a head explosion when you read McClain got cut?

#415 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

I think with AE he was helped by the injury to Gettis. When Gettis comes back and AE stays then we have to wonder about that situation.

I think if Marty was willing to admit his mistakes with McClain then he can do the same with Armanti. There are better WR/Special teams guy who got cut as well. Hell there are 2 better WR on our practice squad now. That are younger and have more potential.

#416 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

This is my favorite thread of all time. KKL how close did we come to losing you to a head explosion when you read McClain got cut?

I was pissed but I was more confused by the fact that Armanti made the roster.

#417 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

So Ron and the FO completely fugged up in evaluating Mclain pre draft if after one year they throw in the towel on a 3rd round pick.

It either comes down to one of two things

1) They drafted a guy that didnt have the skills to succeed

2) They drafted a guy with the skills to succeed but just failed at developing those skills

Either way it is a fail by the coaching staff and FO

That is not fugging acceptable.

it happens all the time with every team. most of the time draft picks don't work out the way you hope. they just moved on quicker than people were expecting, but not all that quicker than a lot of teams do on picks they realize aren't what they thought they would be.

they accept it and move on. sorry the team you are a fan of made a mistake...one of many. they aren't any different than any other team, though. they all do it. some just move on quicker than others.

it's not a big deal.

#418 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

nooonononononoNOOOOOOO you got it all wrong!!! terrell mcclain HAD to have imposed death threats on RR's kids this has NOTHING to do with talent what are you smoking?!?!? #huddlelogic

lol perfect.

that's the kind of thing i think people are looking for. the drama. the story behind the story. it just can't be a business decision. there's just got to be something we aren't being told. lol

#419 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

lol perfect.

that's the kind of thing i think people are looking for. the drama. the story behind the story. it just can't be a business decision. there's just got to be something we aren't being told. lol

Where is the business decision on AE then.

#420 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

You need to put exclamation points or Jerry won't notice your post.

tbh using "fugging" helped. let me know he's all serious about it and stuff. should have the same effect on the FO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.