468 replies to this topic

#421 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

Have you been following the debate here??

YOU bitch about people stating their opinion on the move. Then you called it Ironic that I called you out about it.

The real "IRONIC" part is you wasted time bitching about people bitching. You could have tried to make a valid point but instead you choose to complain about people complaining.

Which is the definition of irony.

I've made many valid arguments throughout the entire thread. Starting from page ONE. You can say you were "calling me out" but we all know you were bitching about, someone bitching,about all the bitching in this thread. Spin it how you'd like. Its a fact.

#422 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,050 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

One thing for sure. Some of the high draft picks over the last few years are surely paying attention. If McClain can be cut and he was really drafted 1 position out of the second round, then no one is safe just because of their draft position. It is produce or be cut (unless you have some dirt on the front office......just sayin,,,,,,).

#423 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

I've made many valid arguments throughout the entire thread. Starting from page ONE. You can say you were "calling me out" but we all know you were bitching about, someone bitching,about all the bitching in this thread. Spin it how you'd like. Its a fact.

Actually I was stating my opinion. But reading comprehension seems to be the problem here.

#424 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

Actually I was stating my opinion. But reading comprehension seems to be the problem here.

Now you're just arguing semantics. You complained (with your opinion).

Complaining=bitching...try again kid.

#425 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

Who appointed the message board cop?

#426 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,193 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

Where is the business decision on AE then.

they said early on that this was a 3 year project because they were changing positions.

year one didn't work out at all the way the FO wanted it to, not because of AE, but because of fox too busy being a lame duck.

they are, at least for the moment, holding true to that plan. that's the business part of it. following through on the plan.

was there a double standard in how they dealt with mcclain? sure...maybe. it all depends on what they were expecting long term and short term. it's not exactly the same situation. they weren't turning a CB into a DT. they were taking someone that they thought was ready to play their position on the pro level or at least thought that they were capable of doing it and he just didn't translate like they had hoped as quickly as they were hoping. he got replaced because he was the weakest member at that position.

AE is a different situation so it shouldn't be handled the same way.

now don't take this to mean i agree with what they did at the beginning. i'm not a fan of just about anything they did in acquiring him or the whole position change thing. i think it was a mistake. i think a lot of that draft was a mistake. i didn't like that pick or the trade that was involved. i hated the jimmy pick. i don't like that they tried picking the team for the next coach to build on without his input and while the old coach was still there. i don't like that they held on to fox for that last year, in fact i was calling for his head a couple years before that. i pretty much thought that whole situation was one big clusterf@ck...but i understand the business side of what they did. it's not what i would have done, but i understand what they were doing.

with AE...as i've said before, i'm not a believer that he can be much more than he is or that he will reach what the FO saw as his potential. i can, though, understand what they are doing. while i wouldn't have put the team in that situation to begin with...if that was the situation that i was put in as a coach i'd probably handle it very much the same.

some people you see potential in that you don't in others. some of those people are bigger projects than others. you know this going into any type of management/leadership situation. when you report to bosses you have to understand that those bosses, right or wrong, may have higher goals and expectations for certain projects (or players in this situation) than you might otherwise have, but it's your duty to see that you follow through with that. that won't be the case for every project(player) but it is for some. we might call that a "pet" project. rivera was handed a situation where he has to try and develop AE into a legit WR. if it works out, great. if not...at least you followed through. the issue is that you give it the time and energy needed to make it happen if it can happen at all.

AE has shown some progress, and while it's not the progress that i might have wanted to see, it's still there. it's reasonable to expect that there is a time limit on this project, but it's also reasonable to expect that they will try and follow through.

now jimmy is a different case all together and honestly i don't feel like putting my .02 into this because this is already likely a case of tl;dr for those just not interested in having their PoV challenged or broadened...so i'm not going to do it.

#427 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,193 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

One thing for sure. Some of the high draft picks over the last few years are surely paying attention. If McClain can be cut and he was really drafted 1 position out of the second round, then no one is safe just because of their draft position. It is produce or be cut (unless you have some dirt on the front office......just sayin,,,,,,).

this is a good statement to make, which could have played a factor into the decision...or it could just be a positive side effect.

#428 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

Where is the business decision on AE then.

did you read zod's thread? as much as i hate armanti as a player and want him off the team hurney said it was a three year plan, so hes going to stick to his word. besides, if gettis comes back healthy and strong and armanti is still on the sideline hes probably gone by then. there's your business.

#429 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

they said early on that this was a 3 year project because they were changing positions.

year one didn't work out at all the way the FO wanted it to, not because of AE, but because of fox too busy being a lame duck.

they are, at least for the moment, holding true to that plan. that's the business part of it. following through on the plan.

was there a double standard in how they dealt with mcclain? sure...maybe. it all depends on what they were expecting long term and short term. it's not exactly the same situation. they weren't turning a CB into a DT. they were taking someone that they thought was ready to play their position on the pro level or at least thought that they were capable of doing it and he just didn't translate like they had hoped as quickly as they were hoping. he got replaced because he was the weakest member at that position.

AE is a different situation so it shouldn't be handled the same way.

now don't take this to mean i agree with what they did at the beginning. i'm not a fan of just about anything they did in acquiring him or the whole position change thing. i think it was a mistake. i think a lot of that draft was a mistake. i didn't like that pick or the trade that was involved. i hated the jimmy pick. i don't like that they tried picking the team for the next coach to build on without his input and while the old coach was still there. i don't like that they held on to fox for that last year, in fact i was calling for his head a couple years before that. i pretty much thought that whole situation was one big clusterf@ck...but i understand the business side of what they did. it's not what i would have done, but i understand what they were doing.

with AE...as i've said before, i'm not a believer that he can be much more than he is or that he will reach what the FO saw as his potential. i can, though, understand what they are doing. while i wouldn't have put the team in that situation to begin with...if that was the situation that i was put in as a coach i'd probably handle it very much the same.

some people you see potential in that you don't in others. some of those people are bigger projects than others. you know this going into any type of management/leadership situation. when you report to bosses you have to understand that those bosses, right or wrong, may have higher goals and expectations for certain projects (or players in this situation) than you might otherwise have, but it's your duty to see that you follow through with that. that won't be the case for every project(player) but it is for some. we might call that a "pet" project. rivera was handed a situation where he has to try and develop AE into a legit WR. if it works out, great. if not...at least you followed through. the issue is that you give it the time and energy needed to make it happen if it can happen at all.

AE has shown some progress, and while it's not the progress that i might have wanted to see, it's still there. it's reasonable to expect that there is a time limit on this project, but it's also reasonable to expect that they will try and follow through.

now jimmy is a different case all together and honestly i don't feel like putting my .02 into this because this is already likely a case of tl;dr for those just not interested in having their PoV challenged or broadened...so i'm not going to do it.

fug you beat me to it lol

#430 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

Now you're just arguing semantics. You complained (with your opinion).

Complaining=bitching...try again kid.

I complained about a FO move (which again is what this MB is for). You complained about me complaining (which everybody does on this forum because again that is what this MB is for).

Which do you think was a bigger waste of time?

The person who is complaining about our team on a MB forum (where people complain about the team). Or the person who is complaining about people complaining on a board (where people complain about the team).

#431 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

did you read zod's thread? as much as i hate armanti as a player and want him off the team hurney said it was a three year plan, so hes going to stick to his word. besides, if gettis comes back healthy and strong and armanti is still on the sideline hes probably gone by then. there's your business.

If that's the plan this is one of the stupidest shitty plans a GM can have.

1. I can see if we were waiting on a Megatron to develop. But no one here can say AE will be a Megatron. I don't see waiting on somebody to turn into Randel EL.

2. Why did we draft Joe Adams if we're waiting on AE to develop?

3. If Marty can admit the mistake with McClain then he should admit the mistake with AE.

4. There are 2 younger bigger and better wr on the practice squad. Why risk losing them to keep on with this stupid plan of developing a Randel El?

#432 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,290 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

Hey guys whats up? I'm new to the conversation but would love to start an E fight with you if you like.

#433 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

If that's the plan this is one of the stupidest shitty plans a GM can have.

1. I can see if we were waiting on a Megatron to develop. But no one here can say AE will be a Megatron. I don't see waiting on somebody to turn into Randel EL.

2. Why did we draft Joe Adams if we're waiting on AE to develop?

3. If Marty can admit the mistake with McClain then he should admit the mistake with AE.

4. There are 2 younger bigger and better wr on the practice squad. Why risk losing them to keep on with this stupid plan of developing a Randel El?

like i said, i want him off the team as much as you and everyone else does and i agree with you 100%. i was just stating my opinion on WHY he's still here, not why he SHOULD still be here. besides, this thread is about mcclain, not armanti.

#434 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,290 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

so Gabeking has accepted my challenge..

#435 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO