Terrell McClain waived by Panthers

• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#436 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,758 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

If that's the plan this is one of the stupidest shitty plans a GM can have.

1. I can see if we were waiting on a Megatron to develop. But no one here can say AE will be a Megatron. I don't see waiting on somebody to turn into Randel EL.

2. Why did we draft Joe Adams if we're waiting on AE to develop?

3. If Marty can admit the mistake with McClain then he should admit the mistake with AE.

4. There are 2 younger bigger and better wr on the practice squad. Why risk losing them to keep on with this stupid plan of developing a Randel El?

okay, so you think Hurney's plan is stupid, that is fine... but he's pretty much said before that Armanti is on a 3 year plan. Think that cutting McClain was hypocritical or whatever if you want, but we don't see what the coaches see.

Hurney has a plan for Armanti and Armanti has apparently been chugging along largely as Hurney expected, at least close enough not to cut him. Apparently whatever McClain's plan was, he wasn't meeting expectations.

#437 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Fanboys(Giving the company line) : AE is on a 3 year plan. Don't you understand what that means?

2 months Later : AE is cut to make room for Gettis

Fanboys: Ah yeah, AE failed to make any progress. Just goes to show noone is safe just ask McClain.

#438 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

We should blame Corvey Irvin for all of this, had he not introduced the idea of corrupting pockets to the panthers nick hayden would still be doing that weird army crawl on McClain would have a job somewhere else.

#439 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,758 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

Fanboys(Giving the company line) : AE is on a 3 year plan. Don't you understand what that means?

Fanboys: Ah yeah, AE failed to make any progress. Just goes to show noone is safe just ask McClain.

Strangely enough, if in 2 months, AE is still exactly as he is today, that would indeed be a change in AE's situation - because he wouldn't have improved any more, thus making it logical to cut him. Maybe they are giving him a chance to get into the regular season and really shine, though I'm not sure they'll cut him this year either way, barring something major.

If they liked someone enough, they might abort AE's 3 year plan, but until they do, they'll keep giving him a chance to show improvement.

Is that really hard to understand? McClain wasn't cut at the end of last year, he was cut this year. A lot has changed - or not changed - since then.

#440 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

50/50 this happens. hurney's entitled to change his mind and tbh, i hope he does. not a huge deal either way,, tho.

#441 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

I fully believe Aramnti was on a 3 yr plan when drafted....

That doesn't mean things have gone according to plan. Clearly, they haven't.

#442 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

I fully believe Aramnti was on a 3 yr plan when drafted....

That doesn't mean things have gone according to plan. Clearly, they haven't.

fox happened.

and then there's that whole being scared if getting hit thing. not expected.

#443 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

fox happened.

and then there's that whole being scared if getting hit thing. not expected.

Fox didn't happen.

JR is the one who wanted to start prepping his team for a new start, yet keep Fox, and let his GM have an entire draft where he drafted for no coach or scheme.

Fox was Fox. Did what he does. Problem wasn't Fox, problem was they opted to keep a coach and started rebuilding with him still in the drivers seat.

#444 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

so Gabeking has accepted my challenge..

what?

#445 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

Fox didn't happen.

JR is the one who wanted to start prepping his team for a new start, yet keep Fox, and let his GM have an entire draft where he drafted for no coach or scheme.

Fox was Fox. Did what he does. Problem wasn't Fox, problem was they opted to keep a coach and started rebuilding with him still in the drivers seat.

true. it shouldn't have been a surprise.

#446 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

what?

you entered and lost an E fight.

surprise!

#447 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

You know who F'd up? Terrell McClain F'd up. He had the opportunity and the potential to be a part of this team going forward. It's obvious that the coaches didn't feel he took advantage of either or those things.

From the sound of it, he wasn't giving the effort needed to improve. On this team lack of effort will get you fired no matter where you were drafted. But, if you show effort and improvement you will be given a chance to stay around.

That's why AE is still here. He continues to impress coaches with his work ethic and effort.

I pie you on the first two paragraphs and first two paragraphs only, but pie nonetheless.

#448 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

you entered and lost an E fight.

surprise!

looks like i have to call sherry at suicide hotline now since im so distraught

#449 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

I'll say it again if the plan is to wait 3 years and get a Randel El. That is a stupid plan.

#450 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,369 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

Hopefully this will put an end to all of this ....

FO believed Fua > McClain
FO thought McClain = doo doo brown

Dwan Edwards became available.
FO pulled trigger.
FO believes team is better with Dwan. Tells McClain to kick rocks.

End of Story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com