#77 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

http://www.nfl.com/player/dwanedwards/2505949/profile
In 13 games, Edwards had 52 tackles, 2.5 sacks.

http://www.nfl.com/p...2495311/profile
In 12 games, McClain had 19 tackles, 1 sack.

I think it's an improvement to say the least.

One was a rookie with no off season, the other is an experienced vet. Of course it's an upgrade.

#78 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,275 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

Great signing. Surprised we didn't keep Mcclain as a back-up, he must have fallen apart in some area.

#79 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

I like this, with experienced vets up front at DT they could teach Fua and Kearse a thing or two. Lets hope at least. McClain though? Stings a bit.

#80 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

You're so retarted they wouldn't let you on the short bus.

If that helps you ignore the truth, then believe whatever you will dumb@ss.

No independent-thinking observer believes that Fua deserves to be on this team more than McClain. Hurney has shown over and over again that his heart overrides the facts more than they should.

Sycophants like you may believe otherwise.

#81 Mr. Burgundy

Mr. Burgundy

scotch, scotch, scotch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

He obviously had some off the field issues..if this team is still giving Armani Edwards time...

#82 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

He obviously had some off the field issues..if this team is still giving Armani Edwards time...

Whether he had off the field issues or not, Armanti Edwards is still on the team because Hurney PERSONALLY LIKES HIM better. It looks like they were determined to trade one DT for another, so Edwards or Clausen wouldn't even have been a factor in the transaction.

Fua could've been, but they'd rather have him around than McClain. Can't be for football reasons...

#83 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

This cut smacks of personality/character issues. Damn.

#84 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Some of you guys are so fickle. Complain 24/7 about no interior pass rush from the line, then they do something to address it, you cry about that too.

#85 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,168 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Well,our interior passrush just got better.

Wasn't thinking it could get worse...

With the issues at DT, I would think cutting Clausen or Armanti Edwards and keeping an extra DT might actually be what some would consider a smart move.

#86 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,275 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

Whether he had off the field issues or not, Armanti Edwards is still on the team because Hurney PERSONALLY LIKES HIM better. It looks like they were determined to trade one DT for another, so Edwards or Clausen wouldn't even have been a factor in the transaction.

Fua could've been, but they'd rather have him around than McClain. Can't be for football reasons...

You know that Fua and McClain play different positions, right?

#87 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,422 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

This cut smacks of personality/character issues. Damn.

Well the Edwards signing makes sense....even of all DTs had a squeaky clean nose off the field. If Carolina was set on number of players being carried at certain spots....it meant a DT then had to go. So McClain and Fua IMO have been overall the least impressive....one had to go to make room

#88 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

McClain was a larger investment, this FO cares more about that than "liking" someone. Fua outperformed him last year, simple and plain. Apparently McClain had a shitty camp/pre season. I have been a huge fan of McClain since day one, because I wanted us to pick him and we did. I have also been one of his biggest critics, because I expected more from him. I did not want us to pick Fua and was unhappy when we selected him, but I have been defending him on this board since the beginning because the hate is unwarranted, because he has played decent for a young nose.

#89 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Give him a chance season starts in less then a week.

#90 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:37 AM

Wasn't thinking it could get worse...

With the issues at DT, I would think cutting Clausen or Armanti Edwards and keeping an extra DT might actually be what some would consider a smart move.

This cut speaks volume of how far out of favor Mcclain has fallen. Improve or gtfo is basically what they are saying. They must have reached a point where they thought even as depth or in a rotation he would be no help to this team. Mcclian did nothing to show otherwise in preseason so he's gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com