Photo
- - - - -

Terrell McClain waived by Panthers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
468 replies to this topic

#85 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Well,our interior passrush just got better.

Wasn't thinking it could get worse...

With the issues at DT, I would think cutting Clausen or Armanti Edwards and keeping an extra DT might actually be what some would consider a smart move.

#86 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

Whether he had off the field issues or not, Armanti Edwards is still on the team because Hurney PERSONALLY LIKES HIM better. It looks like they were determined to trade one DT for another, so Edwards or Clausen wouldn't even have been a factor in the transaction.

Fua could've been, but they'd rather have him around than McClain. Can't be for football reasons...

You know that Fua and McClain play different positions, right?

#87 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

This cut smacks of personality/character issues. Damn.

Well the Edwards signing makes sense....even of all DTs had a squeaky clean nose off the field. If Carolina was set on number of players being carried at certain spots....it meant a DT then had to go. So McClain and Fua IMO have been overall the least impressive....one had to go to make room

#88 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Whether he had off the field issues or not, Armanti Edwards is still on the team because Hurney PERSONALLY LIKES HIM better. It looks like they were determined to trade one DT for another, so Edwards or Clausen wouldn't even have been a factor in the transaction.

Fua could've been, but they'd rather have him around than McClain. Can't be for football reasons...

McClain was a larger investment, this FO cares more about that than "liking" someone. Fua outperformed him last year, simple and plain. Apparently McClain had a shitty camp/pre season. I have been a huge fan of McClain since day one, because I wanted us to pick him and we did. I have also been one of his biggest critics, because I expected more from him. I did not want us to pick Fua and was unhappy when we selected him, but I have been defending him on this board since the beginning because the hate is unwarranted, because he has played decent for a young nose.

#89 DeeJay

DeeJay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Give him a chance season starts in less then a week.

#90 panther4life

panther4life

HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:37 AM

Wasn't thinking it could get worse...

With the issues at DT, I would think cutting Clausen or Armanti Edwards and keeping an extra DT might actually be what some would consider a smart move.

This cut speaks volume of how far out of favor Mcclain has fallen. Improve or gtfo is basically what they are saying. They must have reached a point where they thought even as depth or in a rotation he would be no help to this team. Mcclian did nothing to show otherwise in preseason so he's gone.

#91 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

:o What is going on today?

#92 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

If that helps you ignore the truth, then believe whatever you will dumb@ss.

No independent-thinking observer believes that Fua deserves to be on this team more than McClain. Hurney has shown over and over again that his heart overrides the facts more than they should.

Sycophants like you may believe otherwise.

This wasn't a Hurney move alone, im sure RR had a lot to say about it,for one. For two,to think they'd cut a better player to keep a worse one (IYO) just because he likes him better as a person, is fuggin dumb. Every team wants to field the best sqaud possible. You prove time and time again, that you have the mental acumen of an amoeba.

#93 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

*Sigh* we could have taken Jurrell Casey with that pick.

Posted Image

McClain tricked me too. I wanted Casey based on his games I saw, thought he looks fat and out of shape at the combine (much like this pic), McClain looks like superman in underwear going HAM on some bags, got my dick and Hurney's dick hard too. This is the NFL boys, gotta keep your dick in your pants.

#94 MGH1989

MGH1989

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

First, I love the signing. This is a clear upgrade over McClain and I was hoping we would sign Edwards after I saw he was released. However, like everyone else it baffles me that we let go of McClain who was a fairly significant investment after only one year over guys like Clausen and Edwards who were also high investments, but have been given time to prove themselves and have failed to make significant contributions. There has to be something we don't know. Maybe McClain wasn't hungry enough. Rivera has put more emphasis on his player having a want to compared to the Fox era.

#95 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Wow. Aside from lucking into Cam, that is shaping up to be a terrible draft. This isn't how you build championship teams.

#96 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

This wasn't a Hurney move alone, im sure RR had a lot to say about it,for one. For two,to think they'd cut a better player to keep a worse one (IYO) just because he likes him better as a person, is fuggin dumb. Every team wants to field the best sqaud possible. You prove time and time again, that you have the mental acumen of an amoeba.

Yes, I do think Hurney is dumb because I think letting go of better players to hang on to guys who can't stay on the field or aren't good enough to see it is DUMB, but that's what Hurney does all the time, and yes, I know that the coach has a say in stuff like this, which is why I said Fua looks like Rivera's son.

Apparently you have the IQ of a turd.

And yes, I ignored the fact that you were talking about "me" being dumb, not Hurney, because you clearly didn't have the mental acumen to decipher what was being said.