468 replies to this topic

#121 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

Speaking of ProFootballFocus, I actually work with them now creating some of their fantasy tools and assisting on the technical side. Their new Custom Rankings Toolkit is my technological baby, as are the depth charts and week-to-week projections. Their Premium Stats are slick as hell too.

#122 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

Not a Hurney move.

Figures, because this is a decent move.

#123 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

we are improved, but far from rock solid. Ron Edwards is old as dirt. DT is still a draft need.

ron edwards is as old as steve smith, who is arguably our best player. and age is less of a problem for a DT , than say a WR because you do not need elite athleticism/speed to play the position at a high level.

#124 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

I guess people in this thread seem to give more fugs than McClain did, maybe ya'll could loan him some?

I like this move and I think it's an improvement. I hope he can occupy more blockers when we blitz, you would think his experience in the 3-4 would indicate he has that ability. I also like the way his former teammates reacted to this. Adding more experience on the defensive line should help tremendously.

Speaking of ProFootballFocus, I actually work with them now creating some of their fantasy tools and assisting on the technical side. Their new Custom Rankings Toolkit is my technological baby, as are the depth charts and week-to-week projections. Their Premium Stats are slick as hell too.

That's awesome.

#125 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,552 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

WOW

#126 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

the Edwards Wall

#127 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Re: the 2011 draft class...

If we get Cam and ONLY Cam out of that class Hurney gets an A+ from me.

#128 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Run stopper is something gets thrown out to defend a poor DL play because it is difficult to prove. In Fua's case I wouldn't call him a stopper of anything unless you call getting pushed back 5 yards and making a tackle for an eight yard gain, a run stopper.

Your talking out of your ass right now. I however will glady direct you to plenty of times where fua stuffed the run. Hell he even beat Mangold 1 on 1 in preseason. I don't think he has the makings of an all pro but he has potential to be a servicable Nose tackle at this point in his career. He may improve even more he may not but at this point he was better than Mcclain. Ask Kalil.

#129 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

R.Edwards and D.Edwards.....

.....so we have the Red Dead defensive line now?

#130 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,691 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

my shock at this move is displaced only by my raw excitement at the edwards signing. our line just upgraded in a big, big way.

#131 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

Rivera seems like a big heart/effort/loves to play football guy.

I would assume McClain may have lacked some of that....that to date seems to be the only way to get on the Rivera bad side

#132 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

Lol at anyone giving a poo about cutting McClain. This is an upgrade.

#133 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,663 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

was not a fan of McClain but to cut him over other dead weight is saying something. like picking up Dwane tho

#134 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

that's kinda cool, congrats. Their stats run out for me in a month, I didn't pay the first time and the work they wanted of me wasn't something I could do and hold down a real job so they won't keep coming. So I'll have to figure out what to do about that soon enough.

#135 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 3,339 posts
  • Location910

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

I was surprised when I saw this. I should of known something was up when he was playing with the third string the other night. He most of really fell out of favor with the team because it seems like there are a handful of players that could of got cut before him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com