Photo
- - - - -

Couple Questions about TV Buying

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#25 sharkkiller

sharkkiller

Inconceivable

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

Very informative. Thank you.

I have a question about Samsung products. I used to own a samsung and I know it's a really good product, never had any problems with my tv. It was a 40 inch LCD.

I want to probably buy a new one within the next year or so. I may buy refurbished since I know there's nothing generally wrong with those types of products. But my question is, if you could help me.

For my next TV, i'd like to stay around the 500-750 range. I don't care for the whole 3D gimmick. I will use this TV mostly for Games, Movies and watching TV shows obviously. I know samsung offers some TV's with Internet apps and internet ready TV's. For someone like me that insn't in the USA. Would I have problems with that feature of the TV? I know I wouldn't be able to access Hulu and Netflix down here which sucks since I love both of them. Would it be worth it either way for what I will be using it for?

Can you recommend other Samsung TVs?

Most of the internet apps should work, with the exception of the ones you mentioned. If you get the Internet capabilities, most of the time you get 3D included on those models. As for price, you can check on-line and see which models fit your needs. www.samsung.com has a good comparison feature that will allow you to compare the features available on the different models and then you can search for the best price by model number.

#26 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

I have 4 46" LCD's and a 60" plasma.

The plasma is by far the better picture.

#27 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

i have 2 32 " TUBE tv's. it's umm, built in anti theft devices. lol. nobody is stealing those bad boys.but im looking to go flat screen in the next month

#28 The Faceless

The Faceless

Seeker of Power

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

I'm gonna buy a TV in next few weeks. 1080p 120hz LED 55" for $900 at hhrgreg. Pretty good deal. I would wait tho... TV prices will take a dive in November due to new TV technology release. New era of TVs, 4k TVs, comes out in 2 months and their starting price is $10,000...

Woooooow...this really begs the question as to what would be capable of outputting those resolutions right now?

#29 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

No idea but anything less than LED will pretty much be obsolete in next 2 months. It might take 2-3 years before 4k will drop to reasonable price of $3,000 - $5,000 for me. Apparently 4k will make sports games like football an absolutely unbelievable experience to watch.

#30 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

Woooooow...this really begs the question as to what would be capable of outputting those resolutions right now?

I remember having an 8mb hard drive and wondering how on earth I would fill it all up.

#31 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

I remember having an 8mb hard drive and wondering how on earth I would fill it all up.

Now that's old school. I remember having 1 MB of RAM and trying to run several games at once to see if I could ever slow it down.

#32 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

I'm buying New TV this week. But I need it for movies at work. It needs to be 1080P but only 24"-29". I just need it to do product shows, so I don't want it to be huge. I looked at various stores. HH Gregg looks the best for what I need. (I'm not promoting them, just seem to have the best price for small HDTV's.)

I have a Toshiba for my bedroom and very happy with it.

#33 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

Why do you need a 1080p for a 24" screen. Would you even be able to tell the difference at that small of a screen?

As for the op, one question you need to answer is how is the lighting in the room you're installing. Is it a well lit/bright sun room? If so, I'd consider a matte finish LCD/LED (if they make a LED matte). You can find deals on nice tvs on dealnews.com all the time. When I bought my 40" Samsung 5-6 years ago, I found what I liked...and wierdly enough Amazon would sell Samsungs at way less than what Bestbuy was selling and you have no tax to pay on it. ;)

Either way, there was a really nice Samsung 46 on sale for $600 the other day on dealnews...and if I weren't committed in some other things I would've upgraded my existing one and moved my old one to another room.

#34 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

http://www.walmart.c...5205730&veh=aff

Think I found my next tv.

#35 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

http://www.walmart.c...5205730&veh=aff

Think I found my next tv.

If that's what you're looking for, why get a refurbished one when a new one costs $0.98 less?
http://www.walmart.c...2282930&veh=aff

#36 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

If that's what you're looking for, why get a refurbished one when a new one costs $0.98 less?
http://www.walmart.c...2282930&veh=aff

Because the refurbished one has built in Wi-fi and is LED/LCD and not just LCD. Also has SRS surround sound and that one doesn't. It's the little things that made me pick the other one. Also has 4 HDMI ports, one more than that one. (I won't use so many ports anyway but still.) Also comes with a 3 month guarantee. So those .98 are worth it. Finally, the one I posted is Energy star efficient. It counts because I pay up the yin yang for electric. Every little detail counts. :D

I plan to use the other one to view panther streams on the internet via wifi. :D