Photo
- - - - -

How much time will Joe Adams see on offense?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#61 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

Okay, just to clarify what Joe has and has not done, I went back and reviewed all the punt and kick returns from this preseason. Here is what happened...

Texans Game
2 KO returns, both clean, for approx 42 yards in returns
1 punt return, clean, for approx 33 yards

Miami Game
4 punt returns, all clean, for a total of approx 46 yards before penalties (1)

Jets Game
Joe never touched the ball. He was in on a punt return, but opted not to field it.

Pittsburg Game
2 KO returns, 1 clean, 1 fumbled after runback, recovered by Carolina, for approx 50 yards before penalties (2)
5 punt returns, 3 clean + 1 fair catch, 1 fumble (the one he dropped then kicked), for approx 35 yards before penalties (2)

In summary
4 KO returns, 3 clean, 1 fumbled and recovered, for approx 92 yards before penalties
9 returned punts, 8 clean, 1 fumble lost, for approx 114 yards before penalties
1 fair catch
1 punt not fielded

Feel free to continue the debate, but at least now you have some data to work with.

#62 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

Reading all of this along with other topics on the front page has convinced me that posting activity on this site would decrease by 50% if AE and Clausen were shitcanned from this team.

I have never seen so much talk centering around two guys who dont have a prayer of seeing the field except in the unlikely event that the entire group of guys ahead of them are injured.

#63 PantherBlue

PantherBlue

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

I like what Joe Adams has the pontential of doing for us on special teams. To have someone that can give our Offense a shorter field to work with is a big plus to me, taking a little pressure off the Offense. I liked the pick in the draft.

And I like his excitement factor also. Love it when Cam gets hyped up when other players are making plays!

#64 rico6

rico6

Shit.

HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

Like the pick, I just hate the Special Team personnel

#65 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

This has been a classic hurney smokescreen from the get go. Only put Joe on offense 10 plays during pre season, tell him to fumble a few returns and then talk about it on TV. Watch Joe single handedly beat the Bucs Sunday. Hurney magic at its finest

#66 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

Gee, I won the bet, what a surprise. Anyone want to bet that we are playing the Saints* next week?