Photo
- - - - -

Rivera weighs in on Dwan Edwards and Terell Mcclain moves.

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

http://www.panthers....6f-badcca73b8a1

Other good stuff in the video too
On Dwan Edwards
"I think Dwan Edwards gives us something we've been looking for and didn't see in training camp and thats a dominant force at the 3 tech. We had a couple guys that were young and learning and trying to devlop in and trying to come back from situatiions and we didnt see what we were looking for. What Dwan brings is to the table is he's a big physical guy who is exlplosive off the ball and gets vertical push and hes veteran guy that a lot of the guys already know."

On Mcclain
"Like I said you know we were looking for a guy that woul push for us, give us a little bit more a vertical push. Terrel's a different style player than we believe we found in Dwan.".

#2 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

In other words, he thinks McClain was a BUST and wants someone who can be a 3-tech now.

#3 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Translation for those that don't understand coach talk:

"McClain suuuckkksssssss."

#4 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

Good to know we got this guy Dwan Edwards to give us that push up front and also hoping he will command a double team in the process to allow our LBers to hit those holes and get to the QB. Things seems to be slowly getting better for our front four right now. Hoping Hardy will turning up his motor a little more and get pressure on the QB this week. We will need him and CJ both to do that come Sunday.

#5 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

Cool story Ron, keep thinking everything is great with Special Teams, and keep looking like you have no idea whats going on, pacing the sidelines.

#6 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,170 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

Who the hell is Rivera to decide this, why did he not consult with one of the huddles vast NFL experts!

#7 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,516 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

I like the move...it'll make the defense much better as a whole

#8 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Translation for those that don't understand coach talk:

"McClain suuuckkksssssss."

Hell you don't have to understand coach speak just English to gather how he feels about McClain

#9 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,566 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Cool story Ron, keep thinking everything is great with Special Teams, and keep looking like you have no idea whats going on, pacing the sidelines.

Lol, WTF?

Was McClaim a core ST'er and I just hadn't noticed.

Oh look, a thread about DT's, let's discuss Special Teams!

#10 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

I feel a lot better about the line with dwan edwards starting instead of Mclain or somebody else.

#11 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

Thanks for the recap for those of us at work and unable to watch. Personally, I've never even heard of Dwan Edwards. From what I've been reading, he should be a great addition to our ailing interior.

I'm getting pretty pumped for our DLine now. CJ will kill it. Edwardses will be solid. Hardy, well, I'm hoping this is the year he puts it all together. TD on blitzes please and we should be able to at least generate a respectable pass rush!

#12 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,407 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

By the way, JOAT, I am seriously disappointed in you. Earlier today, I saw a post in which you used the word "allot" to describe "many". We all know you are the unofficial grammar nazi, so you should know better.

Everyone with half a brain knows the correct spelling is "alot". ;)

#13 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

charles johnson playing with 2 competent dt's should be interesting. granted they are bandaid guys and we still need to address the position in the future. but for the next couple years we should have some stability on that dline... which is something we haven't been able to say in a while. now lets pray they can stay healthy

#14 Strawman

Strawman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationKissimmee FL

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

Not to damper the enthusiasm, but Buffalo wouldn't have cut him if he were a " dominant force " on the inside as some here seem to think. I am just hoping he doesn't look like a dancing bear on roller skates like McClain did. Any thing else is gravy.

#15 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Not to damper the enthusiasm, but Buffalo wouldn't have cut him if he were a " dominant force " on the inside as some here seem to think. I am just hoping he doesn't look like a dancing bear on roller skates like McClain did. Any thing else is gravy.

oh its been dampened

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.