Photo
- - - - -

Rivera weighs in on Dwan Edwards and Terell Mcclain moves.

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#11 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• LocationSan Diego
SUPPORTER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

Thanks for the recap for those of us at work and unable to watch. Personally, I've never even heard of Dwan Edwards. From what I've been reading, he should be a great addition to our ailing interior.

I'm getting pretty pumped for our DLine now. CJ will kill it. Edwardses will be solid. Hardy, well, I'm hoping this is the year he puts it all together. TD on blitzes please and we should be able to at least generate a respectable pass rush!

#12 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

By the way, JOAT, I am seriously disappointed in you. Earlier today, I saw a post in which you used the word "allot" to describe "many". We all know you are the unofficial grammar nazi, so you should know better.

Everyone with half a brain knows the correct spelling is "alot". ;)

#13 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

charles johnson playing with 2 competent dt's should be interesting. granted they are bandaid guys and we still need to address the position in the future. but for the next couple years we should have some stability on that dline... which is something we haven't been able to say in a while. now lets pray they can stay healthy

#14 Strawman

Strawman

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationKissimmee FL
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

Not to damper the enthusiasm, but Buffalo wouldn't have cut him if he were a " dominant force " on the inside as some here seem to think. I am just hoping he doesn't look like a dancing bear on roller skates like McClain did. Any thing else is gravy.

#15 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Not to damper the enthusiasm, but Buffalo wouldn't have cut him if he were a " dominant force " on the inside as some here seem to think. I am just hoping he doesn't look like a dancing bear on roller skates like McClain did. Any thing else is gravy.

oh its been dampened

#16 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

''Terrell played well in spots for us last year but every year you have to be the best you can at evaluating players,'' Panthers general manager Marty Hurney said. ''It was just a lack of consistency plus the fact that we had an opportunity to get a guy like Dwan Edwards.''

From Hurney

http://sports.yahoo....15596--nfl.html

#17 Strawman

Strawman

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationKissimmee FL
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

oh its been dampened

Sorry, now I feel terrible.

#18 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

I think it was more his 4.1 million cap hit that Buffalo would take for a back up. Its also interesting to note that the Bills cut him because he wouldn't fit their new 4-3 scheme.

#19 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

By the way, JOAT, I am seriously disappointed in you. Earlier today, I saw a post in which you used the word "allot" to describe "many". We all know you are the unofficial grammar nazi, so you should know better.

Everyone with half a brain knows the correct spelling is "alot". ;)

Damn, sorry about that. I be slipping.

#20 Strawman

Strawman

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationKissimmee FL
HUDDLER

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

I think it was more his 4.1 million cap hit that Buffalo would take for a back up. Its also interesting to note that the Bills cut him because he wouldn't fit their new 4-3 scheme.

Still, if he were a pro bowl, or dominant player, they'd find a way to keep him. As to you're 2nd point I had the same question, how different is their 4-3 compared to the scheme we play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users