Photo
- - - - -

Any of you in Raleigh? Specifically Brier Creek?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

http://www.meetup.co...99292&_af=event

Draft has a pretty good selection of beer. I have only been to one of the games so far but for a pre-season game it was a decent turnout.
And yes the amount of relocates in this town are sickening. I drove through my neighborhood the other day and counted 6 #1 Steelers fan license plates in the what minute and a half it took me to get to my house. As compared to the only 3 Panthers fans I know in the neighborhood....

#17 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

http://www.meetup.co...99292&_af=event

Draft has a pretty good selection of beer. I have only been to one of the games so far but for a pre-season game it was a decent turnout.
And yes the amount of relocates in this town are sickening. I drove through my neighborhood the other day and counted 6 #1 Steelers fan license plates in the what minute and a half it took me to get to my house. As compared to the only 3 Panthers fans I know in the neighborhood....

Draft blows, its a hole down under....

Not a fan of it.

#18 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

I used to get on Carlton Tudor of the Raleigh N&O on a routine basis for the lack of coverage given the Panthers in Raleigh.

Love Raleigh, glad to live here,; but, when it comes to the NFL, the media totally ignores the Panthers. Of course that has changed now that the N&O and Observer share sports staffs.

There are a good many frustrated Panthers fans here.

Perfect example is when the Panthers fan caravan used to come to Millbrook Exchange park. Neither the local news or the N&O would advertise the event until either a) the day of or B) B) the day after and they wondered why they had such bad attendance.

As for me, I make the 3 hr drive to and 3 hr drive back from Raleigh to Charlotte for every home game and try like hell to not throw beer on the opposing teams' fans around me.

Hopefully, with Cam and Company, the need to do that will be much less.

#19 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

I'm in Cary about 15 mins from Brier Creek, but I won't be attending. I have a perfectly good 70 inch TV, and no one can kick me out for being drunk in my own house. There are too many Steelers, Giants, Redskins, and Eagles fans around for me to even attempt to deal with.

I don't blame you, but this is why people think there are more Steelers/Redskins/whatever fans in Raleigh than Panthers fans. Most of the Panthers fans are watching the game at home. That said, most bars in Raleigh have the Panthers game on the big screen with sound. Draft in downtown is great, but you can also try Wild Wing Cafe, Rudinos, Gorman St Pub, the Ale House in Cary, etc.

#20 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

With influences like ncstayate and RTP rawlee is a true example of just how bad a "sports" town can get. From the imports working in the park to the venomous wolpie local fans, its a wonder there are any decent sports people in the entire city.

Haha, it's just sad how obsessed y'all are with the NC State hate. Can't you just focus on your own team?

#21 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

Speaking of bar watching, is there a generally agreed upon/known bar for Panthers fans to congregate in NYC? Last year, I went to the Mason Jar on 30th between Madison and Park, but besides Week 1 (when there were probably 6 of us), I was the only Panthers fan there :| I did end up getting a TV dedicated to showing the Panthers game every week because I always showed up, but it was kind of lonely being the only one cheering them on. I wonder if I'll see some bandwagon Cam fans there this season.

#22 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

East Village is one of my favorite bars in the entire state of NC.

Did the Hillsborough hike once in college it was pretty crazy. Almost got arrested for pissing on the alumni house.

#23 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

Haha, it's just sad how obsessed y'all are with the NC State hate. Can't you just focus on your own team?

Oh man that's rich. State fans are obsessed with Carolina to a point where it's quite pathetic.

Just look at what's went down in the past month.

State fans are so retarded they thought a message board post was going to bring down one of the most historic and successful basketball programs in the country.

State fans: OHHHH THEY POSTED JULIUS PEPPERS TRANSCRIPT ON A WEBSITE!!!!! TAKE THE BANNERS DOWN FROM THE SMITH CENTER!

#24 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

I went to high school at Leesville and use to frequent Brier creek many a time as a teenager. I went off to college at ECU but my dad's birthday happens to be this sunday, depending on where he wants to eat, we could end up there and I could help you out.

#25 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

Draft blows, its a hole down under....

Not a fan of it.

Draft has a good beer selection and that is what counts to me. Yes it doesn't have the absolute best TV set up but it is nice to be surrounded by Panther fans for once. If I want to watch the game on a nice TV I'll stay home.

You can't have it all so to speak at some point you have to sacrifice.

#26 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

Raleigh has some cool bars in the area and I've been to the Ale House a couple times.

I know what y'all are saying though about steeler fans and having to go to a NC bar and "ask" to put the fuging panthers game on. It's makes me get mad too.

I had a similar experience a couple years ago at a bar in the LKN area of Charlotte. Me and 9-10 of my boys went to this new bar that opened up recently to watch the Panthers game. They had the main TVS on the Jets game and had the Jets play by play over the speakers. We were in appalled and quite frankly, offended. We we're planning on eating and doing a lot of drinking and we told them to change it or our $1000 tab was going somewhere else. The TV/Radio was changed almost immediately.

#27 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

Draft has a good beer selection and that is what counts to me. Yes it doesn't have the absolute best TV set up but it is nice to be surrounded by Panther fans for once. If I want to watch the game on a nice TV I'll stay home.

You can't have it all so to speak at some point you have to sacrifice.

There beer selection is good lots a craft brews, (I am a beer guy myself) but they are a little pricey compared to some other places.

I plan on going to the Rudunio's on Strickland rd. they have alot of panther fans that go there on the rooftop game day is packed with us.

#28 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

If you guys are big craft beer fans, you need to come check out Oktoberfest here in Charlotte in a couple weeks. Went last year and there's all sorts of beers there. I still remember a homemade pumpkin beer I had it was incredible.

#29 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for the heads up on Oktoberfest I'll be heading to Charlotte quite a bit in the next few weeks (Going to the Saints*/Giants games) but any beer festival is a good reason to head back.

#30 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

Steelers fans and Steelers bars are everywhere. In CA a lot, Mission Viejo area between LA and San Diego...unbelievable how many Steelers bars are there....no shortage of Packers or Patriots fans out there either.

Everyone loves a winner. The 70s bred a whole other generation of Steeler fans as they were not much until then.

Panthers need for Newton to be their post boy for good behavior and SuperBowls and you will see a generation of fans bred here too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.