Photo
- - - - -

Any of you in Raleigh? Specifically Brier Creek?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#11 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

With influences like ncstayate and RTP rawlee is a true example of just how bad a "sports" town can get. From the imports working in the park to the venomous wolpie local fans, its a wonder there are any decent sports people in the entire city.

#12 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

I live in Five Points and go to the Ale House up off Wake Forest Rd. It's a fuging Steelers bar but my friends and I rep the Panthers as much as we can.

I didn't know Draft was a Panthers bar though.

#13 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

I think the problem is that since we can see every game at home...it's much nicer to drink beer cheaper at home that at a bar and potentially have to deal with other fans.

#14 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

I think the problem is that since we can see every game at home...it's much nicer to drink beer cheaper at home that at a bar and potentially have to deal with other moronic fans.

*fixed

#15 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

thanks

#16 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationSacramento
HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

http://www.meetup.co...99292&_af=event

Draft has a pretty good selection of beer. I have only been to one of the games so far but for a pre-season game it was a decent turnout.
And yes the amount of relocates in this town are sickening. I drove through my neighborhood the other day and counted 6 #1 Steelers fan license plates in the what minute and a half it took me to get to my house. As compared to the only 3 Panthers fans I know in the neighborhood....

#17 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• LocationRaleigh,NC
HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

http://www.meetup.co...99292&_af=event

Draft has a pretty good selection of beer. I have only been to one of the games so far but for a pre-season game it was a decent turnout.
And yes the amount of relocates in this town are sickening. I drove through my neighborhood the other day and counted 6 #1 Steelers fan license plates in the what minute and a half it took me to get to my house. As compared to the only 3 Panthers fans I know in the neighborhood....

Draft blows, its a hole down under....

Not a fan of it.

#18 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

I used to get on Carlton Tudor of the Raleigh N&O on a routine basis for the lack of coverage given the Panthers in Raleigh.

Love Raleigh, glad to live here,; but, when it comes to the NFL, the media totally ignores the Panthers. Of course that has changed now that the N&O and Observer share sports staffs.

There are a good many frustrated Panthers fans here.

Perfect example is when the Panthers fan caravan used to come to Millbrook Exchange park. Neither the local news or the N&O would advertise the event until either a) the day of or B) B) the day after and they wondered why they had such bad attendance.

As for me, I make the 3 hr drive to and 3 hr drive back from Raleigh to Charlotte for every home game and try like hell to not throw beer on the opposing teams' fans around me.

Hopefully, with Cam and Company, the need to do that will be much less.

#19 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

I'm in Cary about 15 mins from Brier Creek, but I won't be attending. I have a perfectly good 70 inch TV, and no one can kick me out for being drunk in my own house. There are too many Steelers, Giants, Redskins, and Eagles fans around for me to even attempt to deal with.

I don't blame you, but this is why people think there are more Steelers/Redskins/whatever fans in Raleigh than Panthers fans. Most of the Panthers fans are watching the game at home. That said, most bars in Raleigh have the Panthers game on the big screen with sound. Draft in downtown is great, but you can also try Wild Wing Cafe, Rudinos, Gorman St Pub, the Ale House in Cary, etc.

#20 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

With influences like ncstayate and RTP rawlee is a true example of just how bad a "sports" town can get. From the imports working in the park to the venomous wolpie local fans, its a wonder there are any decent sports people in the entire city.

Haha, it's just sad how obsessed y'all are with the NC State hate. Can't you just focus on your own team?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users