Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers treat trip like 'bowl game'

28 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[url="http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8333904/democratic-national-convention-forces-carolina-panthers-temporary-florida-move"]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8333904/democratic-national-convention-forces-carolina-panthers-temporary-florida-move[/url]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I hope we do to Tampa what WV did to ClemPson in the bowl game.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote]"We're staying out there so they have the marshmallows and the graham crackers ready and the bonfire going," Smith said. "Someone has the karaoke machine with 'Kumbaya' all ready to go and we're just going to sleep in sleeping bags ... and have a good old time."[/quote]

Man, what is Smitty talking about.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Best part of the article

[quote]
Smith, for one, is taking a lighthearted approach to what he jokingly refers to as "camping out."
"We're staying out there so they have the marshmallows and the graham crackers ready and the bonfire going," Smith said. "Someone has the karaoke machine with 'Kumbaya' all ready to go and we're just going to sleep in sleeping bags ... and have a good old time."
Rivera said he likes that players aren't complaining about the move because it shows some mental toughness and dedication to the task at hand, which is winning the season opener.
"We can easily accept (the move) and say it's a reason why or we can say it's the reason because," Rivera said. "That's the way I look at it. That's my whole point. I'm going to leave it at that."
[/quote]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

well they are playing against a team with a college level coaching staff.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
"We scouted a few places in the Tampa area and IMG made the most sense," Hurney said. "The facility offers the privacy and infrastructure that we need to prepare for the season opener."[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
Smith, for one, is taking a lighthearted approach to what he jokingly refers to as "camping out."[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
"We're staying out there so they have the marshmallows and the graham crackers ready and the bonfire going," Smith said. "Someone has the karaoke machine with 'Kumbaya' all ready to go and we're just going to sleep in sleeping bags ... and have a good old time."[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

my favorite part

Posted · Report post

sounds like another week of training camp.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

lol, it appears we all like that last part of the article.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCP' timestamp='1346723839' post='1883969']
I hope we do to Tampa what WV did to ClemPson in the bowl game.
[/quote]
WV score liked 70 points in that game....lol
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

if this goes well i can see this being a tradition when they go down to tampa.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I love it. I think a great way to stregthen a team is to keep putting them in unfamiliar enviroments. Pretty soo they'll see the only thing constant through the season is their teamates and coaching staff. They will learn to lean on one another and rely on one another. it also helps them focus on the game rather than where they are giving them a more adaptive mindtset.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Good practice for NOLA in February.
1 person likes this