Photo
- - - - -

Schiano and the Bucs will try to 'limit' Cam Newton.

Panthers Cam newton

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,526 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:51 AM

I think Tolbert is as good of blocker as Hoover and he definitely gives us the ability to be more creative and confuse the defense more so than Hoover could...

He provides a lot more than Hoover.

Panther's fans really need to learn how to let go of players. God they get too emotionally attached to players that they are still wanted them after 3 years of them not being on the team. Even when what we have currently is better. Move on people.

I know I jumped in on this to respond. But dude, if you actually bleive this, ...

Hoov was great at what he did, but Tolbert adds so much more to the position.

#32 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:34 AM

I think Tolbert is as good of blocker as Hoover and he definitely gives us the ability to be more creative and confuse the defense more so than Hoover could...

He provides a lot more than Hoover.

Panther's fans really need to learn how to let go of players. God they get too emotionally attached to players that they are still wanted them after 3 years of them not being on the team. Even when what we have currently is better. Move on people.

You're right. I have been weeping and sobbing over the disconnection between some guy I don't know and the football team I root for.

I was just saying: the more mismatch the better.

#33 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

How do they expect to stop the other 10 guys with all 11 of theirs on one guy?

#34 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,659 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

Spy Cam? Smith is in single cvg.

Play cvg? RB's have a field day.

Aggressive pass rush? Screen game comes to life.

The NFL is screwed.

#35 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

I know I'm no football genius or anything, but honestly, I try to think like a DC and figure out how to stop the Panthers offense and it gives me a headache. If you focus on one aspect, you're gonna get gashed by another. Then there's Cam, whose proven capabilities act as a force multiplier that you absolutely MUST account for. I really think the best anyone can hope to do is limit the damage as much as possible, and rely on their own offense to pace us in points. But the trouble is that this should be a much better defense than the one they saw last year. If it's even moderately better, then I don't see that happening very often.

#36 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,802 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

Cam adds another dimension to the offense, but I love hearing about teams that are only trying to stop him, like we don't have the best RB tandem to beat them into the ground, or a nice trio of WR and TE to tear them up with. It's not like when we used TD to specifically spy Vick, because Cam can actually throw it too.

#37 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

TBH if I were to limit Cam, I would rush 4 have 1 guy spy and drop 6 in coverage. IMO Cam struggled vs teams that rushed 4 and dropped 7 in coverage.

Let em do it, Stew and Tolbert will run over those DB's and make em think twice going dime.

#38 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,687 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

We are a serious match up problem for the Bucs. I would not want to be in there position. If we can get some good pressure from "New" Edwards then look out. We are better on both sides of the ball. The only chance they have is to shut down our run and cause cam to throw turnovers and thats just not going to happen.

#39 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

To me, talk is cheap, both by Tampa and the Panthers, letters from Ryan, or our board. .

This is, and must be, a statement game by the Panthers.

It is an opener against a division opponent, a supposedly weaker opponent, in a game the Panthers should easily win.

It's really time for the Panthers organization to step up with the big boys and thump a lesser opponent, no excuses, just win and win big.

Lose this, or not win it convincingly, and to me, its the same old Panthers and this young team will struggle to compete.

Win it, and it sets the stage for a lot of confidence with a big time game in primetime against the Giants.

Simple and plain.

#40 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

I felt like this was one of those "no poo" articles when I read it. Of course they'll try to limit cam newton

#41 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,947 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

Hoover mentally and technique wise is light years ahead of Tolbert in the run blocking game. On the other hand Tolbert blows Hoover away with physical ability. Hoover is a Panther legend that deserves any praise that comes his way. Tolbert is the future and has much to prove.

The blueprint to stop the Panthers is simple: blitz and stunt. Amini struggled with blitz pickup. If you can get free runners consistently it will put the Panthers in bad down and distance. The counter is simple: pound them with the run game. Make Amini's job simple: "Go knock people over"

This will not be a blow out. The Greg Schiano playstyle will keep the game close and low scoring. The X Factor is turnovers and special teams. We all love the Joe Adams signing but he was known for fumbling at Arkansas. The thing that makes the New England Patriots so consistent is their lack of mental errors. If Ron can develop the team to limit those mistakes we can steal a few extra wins per year.

#42 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

Eliminate which facet of Cam"s game. D coordinators try to stop last years playbook with rookie natural skills? That's fine cause he"s been learning and working all year. So good luck with what you saw last year. Cause this is his breakout year. full offseason, year exp. under his belt. Plus a full new playbook. We've got weapons spread out all over the field. what do you hope to eliminate from his game. Bit of advice to the dc's out there...., just hope you can slow him down!!!!

#43 Digibuc

Digibuc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

A few things you losers may not realize:
Cam newton never faced a McCoy led attack. McCoy eats centers and gaurds in his sleep.
Our #1 pick is better than yours. Kuechly is your teams best defender and never even played in real NFL game.
Steve Smith is a losing a step and Talib owns him anyway. Cams only other target is Olsen and our safety" The Red Barron" will cover him like sniper.
Look for the Bucs D to rush Cam and that offense into 3 turnovers. Freeman and the Bucs O will have their way with the pathetic panthers D.
Bucs 23 - Panties 13

#44 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

I agree that this is a must win game against a weaker opponent. The Bucs are the only team in the NFCS that I think we should be able to sweap, and to lose this game would be devistating.

#45 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,659 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

A few things you losers may not realize:
Cam newton never faced a McCoy led attack. McCoy eats centers and gaurds in his sleep.
Our #1 pick is better than yours. Kuechly is your teams best defender and never even played in real NFL game.
Steve Smith is a losing a step and Talib owns him anyway. Cams only other target is Olsen and our safety" The Red Barron" will cover him like sniper.
Look for the Bucs D to rush Cam and that offense into 3 turnovers. Freeman and the Bucs O will have their way with the pathetic panthers D.
Bucs 23 - Panties 13

It's one thing to be a troll, it's another to be a really bad one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Panthers, Cam newton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com