Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Big Of A Disadvantage Is It To Play A 'New' Head Coach In The Season Opener?

65 posts in this topic

Posted

I think their weapons on offense can take advantage of Carolinas weaknesses on the defensive side of the ball provided Freeman is the player some think he is. I don't have much faith in Freeman at all but we'll see. Its a far more dangerous game than most Panther fans are giving credit to. The element of surprise could lead to a few Tampa victories early in the season. Tampa is in a much better situation this year with a new head coach than Carolina was last season.

Posted

They're going to see a different Panthers team too, both O and D.

We'll probably use more 3 WR sets, and no one really knows what we'll do with Tolbert. We may look considerably different.

And on D, half of our starters weren't on the field last year.

So we should have a few surprises for them as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

I just got a boner thinking about that last Tampa Bay game...

Posted

This game will be more about the Jimmy's & Joe's, than the X's & O's.

Posted

setting up the excuses come time we play the Saints*?

Posted

Shiano is basically an even crappier version of John Fox.

Posted

Schiano in no way poses a threat to me, but I'm glad to hear the team does their homework no matter what.

Posted

This game concerns me only when I think of our preseason game against the Dolphins and all the hype about Schiano being a very disciplined Head Coach. Makes me think that the Bucs might be able to find a way to beat us if we lose the penalty battle.

Then I remember all the trouble Ol' Greg had finding Offensive and Defensive coordinators, how cut Bucs have been speaking out about his coaching style, and the joke that was the Bucs D last year, and I don't feel as worried anymore.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think their weapons on offense can take advantage of Carolinas weaknesses on the defensive side of the ball provided Freeman is the player some think he is. I don't have much faith in Freeman at all but we'll see. Its a far more dangerous game than most Panther fans are giving credit to. The element of surprise could lead to a few Tampa victories early in the season. Tampa is in a much better situation this year with a new head coach than Carolina was last season.

If Dwan Edwards provide a rush from the inside, I believe that can alleviate the secondary problems immensely.

Honestly believe that will happen and both edwards will make the secondary look good. The front 7 look good on paper right now.

1 person likes this

Posted

not that big of a disadvantage. he won't show anything we haven't seen before, and if he does, the team will adjust to it.

the only thing that worries me about this game is their secondary. i think they may be one of the team's strengths despite being godawful last season.

Posted

If Dwan Edwards provide a rush from the inside, I believe that can alleviate the secondary problems immensely.

Thats never really been his game has it? 5 sacks in 7 years. I don't see how someone else's recent cast off will turn the tide. He's an ok player but like the other Edwards nothing special.

Posted

does it worry me that the only thing we have to go by in trying to figure out tendencies, etc. is college tape?

not at all. in fact it makes me laugh.