Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Times Panthers lived up to the optimism in week 1

63 posts in this topic

Posted

I guess I'm not cool enough to hang out with many of you, because I too like being optimistic about each new season. When the year turns to crap, as they have had an unfortunate tendency to do of late, there is plenty of time for hair tearing and wailing. So I think I'll just enjoy the sunny side of life a while longer. You can never be sure when The Darkness will rear its ugly head again.

about 5 days.

Posted

I agree that this Tampa game is a bit of a trap. They will be motivated, and improved from last year. That being said, I think Schiano is going to make a horrible NFL coach and that we SHOULD be able to handle them fairly easy.

Posted

In the past....looked like the Panthers were not prepared for game 1. they sometimes looked lost.

As Zod said, did not happen last year. I do not expect it to happen this year either.

Posted

"Times panthers lived up to week 1 optimism"

Week 1 of the 2012 season enroute to the franchise's 1st Super Bowl win.

How bout dem apples

Posted

Eventually. Most people on here weren't following the team then.

Wasnt 06 the year we lost to the Vikings on the road cause of Gambles stupid back lateral

Posted

Wasnt 06 the year we lost to the Vikings on the road cause of Gambles stupid back lateral

god. that play.....I had forgotten about it till now.

Posted

tampa secondary scares the poo out of me. they're going to surprise people. i'm not even remotely comfortable going into this game.

3 people like this

Posted

If only someone had the gut to make a "remember Arizona " banner for training camp. Coulda saved the season :(

a banner like that..does NOT ...need to be made...

its best we forget.

Posted

tampa secondary scares the poo out of me. they're going to surprise people. i'm not even remotely comfortable going into this game.

Two words..Rhode Barber= Father Time @ free safety= Murphy and Smitty+TDs=Panther Win

Posted

Fear and regret. The first is of the future, the latter is of the past. You guys are going to get real tired trying to live two lives, one with what is actually going on and the other one concentrating on things you can't do anything about.

I say fuc k it! We winning the GODDAMN Super Bowl and until it doesn't happen I am whistling a happy tune out of my ass everyday until we are eliminated.

Then next year....wash, rinse, repeat, wash, rinse, repeat...I am fairly young...I can wait until it happens. Fuc k fear and regret.

2012 Carolina Panthers Super Bowl Champions regardless of what happens in week one.

Posted

talib has done a very, very good job against steve smith over the past couple of seasons. has he gotten a touchdown against them since the monday night game in 2008? (maybe one, i think in 2009, but that was against some dipshit nickel corner, and even i could see the mismatch from the stands, and even matt moore was able to make the TD throw on the quick slant.)

baron will be a top five safety in the league within a year or two.

rhonde sucks donkey balls and should've retired two years ago but he's still decent in coverage and there's enough good tacklers on that defense that he won't be stuck in run support by himself.

our best bet is to pound the ball and kick their asses with play-action to take advantage of barber's age and baron's inexperience.

Posted

She was great in American Haunting

American Horror Story? I agree...

1 person likes this