62 replies to this topic

#46 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,545 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:31 AM

don't forget entering the fourth quarter up 19 against a poo green bay packers team on monday night football only to watch them score 16 unanswered points before we finally got a stop and won by 3.

hoping the foxball days are gone for good.

#47 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,354 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

hoping the foxball days are gone for good.

needed a last minute touchdown pass from chris weinke to beat the lions too.

what a strange season that was.

#48 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

The Green Bay monday nighter in 2004 was one of the low points. I'll never forget smitty rolling around the ground with his leg broken. That season ended almost as soon as it began.

#49 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Things are different this year though. For one I think it starts with Rivera. Everyone got duped by John Fox because he made a run to the SB with us. The style of football he played just lacks consistency in the current era. "Looks like Jared Allen is really beating up on Jake today" Fox Solution: "Uhhh block better Jordan *chew* *chew*... that'll solve it".

All in all though, we've done pretty damn well for only being in the league since 1995. Add to the fact that we nabbed a legitimate star quarterback (something we, the texans or the jags have never really had) in the draft and theres no reason to think we won't get better. Cam may never be as good a passer as Brady or Brees but I think he can be just as good a quarterback and get to a point where 10+ win seasons are routine.

#50 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,439 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

So 2008 but there was no optimism shown by the fact we were picked to go third in the South by most publications,

But 2012 there is widespread optimism shown by the fact we've been picked to go third in the South by most publications,.

#51 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

So 2008 but there was no optimism shown by the fact we were picked to go third in the South by most publications,

But 2012 there is widespread optimism shown by the fact we've been picked to go third in the South by most publications,.

:cam:

#52 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,439 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

Expectations were actually quite high on the board in 2008. The only major concern was Smitty being out for the first 4 games, which is why the San Diego Rosario Dawson miracle was such a celebration.

#53 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

Expectations were actually quite high on the board in 2008. The only major concern was Smitty being out for the first 2 games, which is why the San Diego Rosario Dawson miracle was such a celebration.

#54 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,628 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

don't forget entering the fourth quarter up 19 against a poo green bay packers team on monday night football only to watch them score 16 unanswered points before we finally got a stop and won by 3.

Yea it came down to the wire I recall.

As good as that 05 team was (probably 3rd best in the league), it was such a sucker for a trap game.

#55 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,348 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

Yea it came down to the wire I recall.

As good as that 05 team was (probably 3rd best in the league), it was such a sucker for a trap game.

One of Fox's teams biggest issues is we always played to our opponents level.

#56 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

#57 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

Expectations were actually quite high on the board in 2008. The only major concern was Smitty being out for the first 4 games, which is why the San Diego Rosario Dawson miracle was such a celebration.

good thing he was only out 2 games. although we went 2-0 w/o him

#58 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,354 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

One of Fox's teams biggest issues is we always played to our opponents level.

we either lost to or needed last minute drives against so many crappy teams that season.

just off the top of my head we let the kelly holcomb led bills hang around forever and needed a game ending pick from gamble to win, lost to the Saints** at home in week 1/got smacked around by gus frerotte as was mentioned, beat the lions by a point after a last minute drive, had to come from behind to beat a bad cardinals team after josh mccown lit us up-i'm sure there were others.

then there was that fuging christmas-ruining cowboys game.

#59 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

we either lost to or needed last minute drives against so many crappy teams that season.

just off the top of my head we let the kelly holcomb led bills hang around forever and needed a game ending pick from gamble to win, lost to the Saints*** at home in week 1/got smacked around by gus frerotte as was mentioned, beat the lions by a point after a last minute drive, had to come from behind to beat a bad cardinals team after josh mccown lit us up-i'm sure there were others.

then there was that fuging christmas-ruining cowboys game.

Don't forget the Bears game in the regular season where Jake got sacked 8 times and we lost to a rookie named Kyle Orton throwing for 136 yards, and then a loss at home to a Chris Simms led Tampa team where he completed 20 passes for 138 yards.

#60 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

And the 06' season....what a clusterfug. That awful game against the Cowboys where Keyshawn dropped a wide open pass that would have been a TD to put us up 2 scores, followed by the Cowboys scoring 25 straight points in the 4th quarter (in Romo's first career start). Then there was Chris Cooley somehow doing a catch + run for a 60+ yard TD in a loss to the Skins, 36 year old Jeff Garcia throwing for 300 yards in an MNF loss at Philly, an awful 37-3 home drubbing to the Steelers. The season was slightly redeemed by the fact that we beat the Falcons to more or less knock them out of the playoffs when Dan Henning went nuts with the wildcat and called 52 runs vs. 7 passes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.