8 replies to this topic

#1 GolfRasta

GolfRasta

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationPinehurst

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

A guy in my league has offered me Gronk in a trade for David Wilson. He has Bradshaw and wants to cuff him. I feel good with my 2 TEs with Gresham and Olsen, but it's always nice to have a stud that you don't have to think twice about playing. Obviously I would have to drop/trade one of my TEs if I did this. My 2 starting RBs are Trent Richardson and Doug Martin (who I feel pretty good about). Wilson was more of a "stash and hope" type of pick. My other 2 RBs are LeShoure and Alex Green...so this would make me a little thin at RB, unless I could trade Gresham for a decent RB.

What say you?

#2 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,395 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

Am I reading this right? Gronk...for David Wilson? And you're asking for help? And your friend doesn't have a gun to his head/a mental problem?

#3 GolfRasta

GolfRasta

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationPinehurst

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

Yes you are reading that right... This is a 12 team league, and RBs have always been a huge commodity; especially RB handcuffs. I agree that this is a no-brainer...but I also don't want to leave myself thin at RB.

I'm thinking about a counter offer of bundling David Wilson and his choice of my 2 TEs, in return I would ask for Gronk and JaQuiz Rogers.

That way I would be able to get rid of 1 of my TEs and get another "stash and hope" type RB.

What you think?

#4 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

I think your not very bright if you try and negotiate. Take it straight up before he comes to his senses.

#5 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,395 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

Yes you are reading that right... This is a 12 team league, and RBs have always been a huge commodity; especially RB handcuffs. I agree that this is a no-brainer...but I also don't want to leave myself thin at RB.

I'm thinking about a counter offer of bundling David Wilson and his choice of my 2 TEs, in return I would ask for Gronk and JaQuiz Rogers.

That way I would be able to get rid of 1 of my TEs and get another "stash and hope" type RB.

What you think?

Then it shouldn't be a question. When you can get a 1st-2nd round pick, for a backup RB, a guy going in like the 11th round of most drafts...who cares? You're RB situation is kinda garbage right now anyway relying on 2 rookies (one of which is hurt), might as well cash in on Gronk.

If nothing else, get Gronk and flip him to someone again who knows nothing about football for another quality TE and a decent RB.

#6 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

Take the trade, then trade gronk for a better rb duh. Easy

#7 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

If Bradshaw goes down for year, Gronk would more than likely score more points per game at the TE postion than Wilson at the RB position. Don't even think about it and do it.

#8 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

WTF, if you didn't take this ....

#9 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER