Photo
- - - - -

Actual NFL regular season football this evening on NBC....

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

I guess we will get to see replacement refs with live bullets. Yay.

#42 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

Meh to it all. The whole NFC East is always so overhyped it just gets annoying. Dallas has sucked forever and they are always front page. The Eagles have never won a super bowl. The Redskins are irrelevant in my opinion. NY is the only team that has lived up to the hype but we beat them by 75 the last time we played them in the playoffs. The Panthers are undefeated against the NFC East in the playoffs. I'll just stay in my small market world and enjoy the Panthers. I certainly watch every non-Panther game that is on but I am not all fired up about them, sorry to offend. I would mow the grass during a Skins/Eagles game and not think twice about it.

It's not a conference thing and I don't even know where the Panthers record in the playoffs against the NFC fits into the equation but I would be just as excited to watch and Packers vs. Bears or Raiders vs. Chiefs match up tonight. Great history and you know those teams are going to come out with their A games for those match ups. I admittedly may be biased, but the NFC always beats up on each other and the games are usually very entertaining. Hell the Skins took down the Super Bowl champs twice last year. Now don't get me wrong, if it were the Jags vs. the Browns and the grass needed to be mowed, I might be right there with you. I just think it's an intriguing matchup of two good teams with two of the most underated QB's in the league.

#43 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

One of these days Johnny Rockets... one of these days Panthers fans will boo Santa Claus.

#44 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

HUDDLER

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

My family is from New York/New Jersey/Pennsylvania. I was telling my cousin the Panthers would kick his Eagles ass and his response was "the Panthers have no running game". Have you ever been in a conversation where the guy says something so dumb you sort of stop talking because there's no point?

Yeah, not a very knowledgeable fan there but I also would have to question your absolute reasoning behind the Panther's having such an easy time kicking the Eagle's ass. Feel free to list the reasons.

And for the record....Philly fans are of the most (if not the most) irrational fanbases around and I wouldn't want to have a conversation with them for the most part either.

#45 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

One of these days Johnny Rockets... one of these days Panthers fans will boo Santa Claus.

In my dreams we would have that good of a home environment.
  • SCP PIE'd this

#46 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

Yeah, not a very knowledgeable fan there but I also would have to question your absolute reasoning behind the Panther's having such an easy time kicking the Eagle's ass. Feel free to list the reasons.

And for the record....Philly fans are of the most (if not the most) irrational fanbases around and I wouldn't want to have a conversation with them for the most part either.

It's simple:
-the Eagles have an offensive line coach running their defense
-Jason Peters is done
-Vick will be done by the time we play them
-I'm a Panthers fan. Why would I bend over for my cousin's 8-8 team before the season starts

#47 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

My first point would be Panthers could run against the wide 9 and Cam's escapability would help limit the effectiveness of that Wide9 stuff your ex-oline coach runs when he is calling defense. Your LB'ers would bite harder on Playaction B/C of this. Also you keep Aso in zone way too much, its fuging stupid and I want them to stop.

That said the Panthers D would barely be able to touch Vick, but the LB'er corps could contain his runs. The problem would be McCoy and the WR's wrecking everything.

Will be a good game IMO.

#48 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• LocationCharlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

Hey what channel is the Giants game on tonight?

#49 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

#50 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

Administrators

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

I'm watching, hoping for a hole to open up under the stadium and swallow up both teams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users