33 replies to this topic

#16 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

If anything...the only "hacking" part is the method of delivery to everyone.

What's to say this hacker group has put a huge virus on the jump drive hoping someone fronts a million only to get a system loaded with nastiness.

#17 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

the extent of my knowledge on the subject

#18 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,578 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

makes ya think, doesn't it? This instance might not be true but .........................

you can bet your ass this is how the game will be played in the future.

#19 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

this shiat's already going like crazy in the corporate world.

#20 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,771 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

Whoever the group is, they don't really have much to lose if it is fake... if there really are copies of the returns in that location, this could just be a scheme to get Romney to go ahead and release them... either way, it puts it back in the news cycle.

#21 Mayor Qumiby

Mayor Qumiby

fug the saints!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

I guess we will have to wait and see.. but yea comming out demanding a ransom is kinda odd.. why nit just release it ir sell it to a news corporation.

#22 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,778 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Just seems like a politically motivated move either way... And Romney can't win, so he may as well tell them to release them. Why? Well, for two reasons... One, you should never pay someone asking for a ransom and two, they already sent copies of the forms to multiple parties, meaning the info is already out there so they have no leverage. The info is likely to come out regardless and he isn't likely to pay them.

#23 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

the extent of my knowledge on the subject

It could have been worse.

#24 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

Just seems like a politically motivated move either way... And Romney can't win, so he may as well tell them to release them. Why? Well, for two reasons... One, you should never pay someone asking for a ransom and two, they already sent copies of the forms to multiple parties, meaning the info is already out there so they have no leverage. The info is likely to come out regardless and he isn't likely to pay them.

If they have them...Romney doesn't have to do a thing. Make the democrats spend a million bucks to get information that was gotten through illegal means. Go for it.

#25 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

If they have them...Romney doesn't have to do a thing. Make the democrats spend a million bucks to get information that was gotten through illegal means. Go for it.

Why would they want them? Having Romney refuse to release them and make himself more suspicious to the electorate beats anything in those files.

#26 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,778 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

But that blurb said they already sent it to Democratic offices. The Democrats didn't have to pay them to obtain them. All they have to do is find someone to slide it off to and leak it and voila, no illegal activity (at least on the surface).

#27 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,778 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Why would they want them? Having Romney refuse to release them and make himself more suspicious to the electorate beats anything in those files.

And this.

Simply put, Romney has no leverage because the info is out there now and will likely be released. If he fights it, it will make people question him and hurt his credibility. Embracing it and possibly beating them to the punch could possibly spin it positively... As for the "hackers," they have no leverage because they already leaked it to other parties so it's likely to come out anyway.

May as well just release them yourself if you're Romney... That is, if they actually have them.

#28 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

But that blurb said they already sent it to Democratic offices. The Democrats didn't have to pay them to obtain them. All they have to do is find someone to slide it off to and leak it and voila, no illegal activity (at least on the surface).

No...I think according to the article...the democratic offices have them on an encrypted jump drive and once the "hackers" receive payment, they'd send the key to unlock it.

Would the democrats be actually committing something illegal? Don't think so...but it clouds how they received the information. If only Nixon could've come up with a such a scenario right?

#29 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

If I were Romeny...I'd just call their bluff and tell them to release them. Once they do, they'll be sued and the FBI would then get involved.

#30 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,778 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

No...I think according to the article...the democratic offices have them on an encrypted jump drive and once the "hackers" receive payment, they'd send the key to unlock it.

Would the democrats be actually committing something illegal? Don't think so...but it clouds how they received the information. If only Nixon could've come up with a such a scenario right?

Oh okay, my bad. I didn't catch the encrypted/key part, just skimmed over it. But still, they could certainly find someone who could unlock it regardless, if it's legit. Then they could leak it themselves...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.