• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

Before you flame for the source or hit this thread with a witty "And this just in... man has discovered fire!" I'll preface the thread with this - I just came across who Max Keiser was today and I find him to be extremely informative and transparent as far as I can tell from the videos I've watched and his personal blog.

He also seems to break down the economics in a way that even the most economically-challenged individual could understand. Despite the source of this particular video, which I know many are critical of or simply write-off as a joke, I think the interview is really interesting if you have time to check it out. At the least, it provides some departure points for discussion on VERY relevant issues. And as I said, Keiser doesn't appear to be just some "friend of Alex Jones" hack who spews fearmongering conspiracy theories... He also has his own show on RT.

Anyway, among the key points here, he predicts that our economy will collapse/implode by April of next year. Additionally, he also predicts as a result that there will be an inter-generational "war" between those around 30 and under and those 50 and over or so, which will cause complete chaos. He also says to prepare, he would suggest to buy silver if you can't afford gold.

I've been of the mind that our economic system was not sustainable, so it isn't shocking, but I certainly hope it isn't as bleak as he predicts.

#2 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,265 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Infowars; didn't watch

#3 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,484 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

other than having traded the stock market, what qualifies him to say these things?

I can't find what his degree was at NYU. Anywhere.

#4 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,003 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

i use to know where a link was that charted and commented on guys "predicting" the market and the accuracy and the boldness level.
sorry i dont have it.

#5 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

If economic collapse is truly imminent why would I invest in silver?

I'd rather invest in dry goods, non-perishable foods, and other things that keep me alive and well.

#6 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

Anytime someone says "Invest in silver or gold" I disregard most of what they say before and after that comment.

#7 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,003 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

invest in water and or wells. silver and gold will be a distant memory when you need water to live.

#8 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Posted Image

#9 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Well, this thread was successful.

#10 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

If economic collapse is truly imminent why would I invest in silver?

I'd rather invest in dry goods, non-perishable foods, and other things that keep me alive and well.

True. I was under the impression that he wasn't equating economic collapse to societal collapse. He inferred that there would be some problems, but he said to invest in gold and silver as many have said that will be the next form or at least foundation of currency in a new economic system. He suggested silver as a substitute for gold if you couldn't afford gold. So, I assumed he is saying it wouldn't mean the end of everything as we know it, just that it would be a chaotic shift to a new system once it happened.

#11 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Well when I hear collapse, I think something along the great depression.

If he means another recession, I don't really care. Obviously it would be a negative to me and to everyone if another serious recession were to occur, but it wouldn't drive me to make any drastic changes.

#12 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,003 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

oh it will be a collapse. dont doubt for a moment.

#13 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,734 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

If the economy "collapses" you can bet your damn ass that there will be a societal breakdown in parallel. It will be up to humanity to get itself back on track at that point.

#14 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

Well if there is a complete economic collapse I won't have a job, but at least I wouldn't have to pay back my student loans either. So I guess I have that to look forward to.

#15 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,381 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

Come with me if you want to live!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com