Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fieryprophet

2012 Team Captains Announced

66 posts in this topic

I'm sure Cam wouldn't want it any other way. I wouldn't be surprised if he was voted captain over Smitty or Gross, but insisted that they be the captains. This way it continues to show him as just one of the guys.

Also didn't we have 6 captains last year? Wasn't Godfrey one of the captains?

Gross and smith were both on our superbowl team and both rank higher at their position than cam. Also they are both integral for Cam's success. No offense but Cam needs those guys more than they need Cam.

Honestly theres no way anyone could have any complaints about the team captains. We don't know what goes on in the locker room so if the Panthers votes those guys as the leaders we have and need right now then damn it those are my leaders. Can't wait to see them smash the bucs heads in on Sunday.

I'm sure Cam wouldn't want it any other way.

Also didn't we have 6 Captains last year? Wasn't Godfrey one of the Captains?

Davis went to IR...

Do they then elect a new captain? Cant remember but we did have 6 last year vs 5 now

I guess Beason will get that gold C now. Glad to see both him and Davis as captains.

Anyone who is upset Cam didn't get a 'C' is making too much of nothing. I'd rather him be voted a captain legitimately rather than be one of those 2nd year QB's who gets handed a patch because the players feel like they have to to show support. Mark Sanchez comes to mind.

2 people like this

QBs don't really need a patch, anyways. They're in a leadership role no matter what.

1 person likes this

All those guys are completely deserving...davis could get a C just based on the inspiration he brings to the team

Anyone who is upset Cam didn't get a 'C' is making too much of nothing. I'd rather him be voted a captain legitimately rather than be one of those 2nd year QB's who gets handed a patch because the players feel like they have to to show support. Mark Sanchez comes to mind.

Couldnt have said that better if i tried. Dirty Sanchez.......smh

i like the choices , you could make an argument for guys like kalil, cam , dwill, cj , gamble too

shows how much leadership we have on this team

Can't really argue Cam getting it over lifelong Panther leaders.....

But I'd rather Cam get a C over Smitty.

as a joke, right?