Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lesson learned from Game One

67 posts in this topic

Posted

Cheating will be more successful than usual as long as the replacement refs are policing the game, especially as done by defensive backs.

Both teams got away with some fairly blatant stuff tonight. I forget who, but some player predicted exactly that a day or two ago. Watching tonight, sure looked to me like he was dead on.

So if you're coaching right now, do you tell your guys to take advantage of this or do you take the high road?

Posted

if both teams can do it, its still a level playing field.

Posted

Murray looks like could have a big year.

Posted

Murray looks like could have a big year.

fug the cowgirls

Posted

If you aren't cheating... you aren't trying!

Posted

I was listening to Sirius NFL network and they had a caller say the same thing the refs are not competent to handle an NFL game and said DB's should cheat and they will get away with it, the host of the show Gill?? said no way the ref's will make sure no cheating is going on...ha!

some blatant poo tonight but the last 10 minutes the refs called like 10 penalties though.

Posted

The head ref was an 8th grade geography teacher from Idaho... Lol.

Posted

Adam Schefter on Sportscenter today reported that the "good" replacement refs were going to do the prime time games this weekend. And the others are doing the other games. Just FYI, something to look at Sunday.

Posted

By cheating you mean they are going to allow SOME forms of contact on the outside? I mean by definition it's cheating but I'm all for bringing a little balance back into the game. Seriously i think 3 of the 5 highest passing yardage marks were achieved last year.

1 person likes this

Posted

The head ref was an 8th grade geography teacher from Idaho... Lol.

I thought he did a hell of a job.

Considering there was more focus on the refs than normal, there really were not any more significant controversies regarding officiating than we have seen in most regular season game.

5 people like this

Posted

If the cowgirls can beat the giants

Panthers should destroy them by 30

Posted

Right or not, I go into Sunday expecting the Panthers will commit just as many "accidents" as their opponents.