Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Lesson learned from Game One

67 posts in this topic

Eli is a better quarterback than Cam and i would take him over Cam and Payton.

It's a passing league, you can win the superbowl now without a run game. He's a great QB but his receivers were solid as well.

The NY Giants defense won them both superbowls. Eli was a solid game manager.

Victor Cruz was a beast before Eli threw to him? Na man. This dude was a nobody. Eli threw for 4,958 yds. Hes a game manager? No, Alex Smith is a game manager. Eli Manning is a top 5 QB.

Eli is a better quarterback than Cam and i would take him over Cam and Payton.

Eli's no RGIII tho.

According to Adam Shefter, the Panthers/Bucs game will have the group of the worst replacement officials. Where as tonights game had the group of the best. I'm scared. I know I am going to get so pissed over their terrible idiotic calls.

1 person likes this

According to Adam Shefter, the Panthers/Bucs game will have the group of the worst replacement officials. Where as tonights game had the group of the best. I'm scared. I know I am going to get so pissed over their terrible idiotic calls.

If true, this is going to be a painful game to watch.

So if you're coaching right now, do you tell your guys to take advantage of this or do you take the high road?

The only winning strategy is to play to the extent the rules allow. Rules are only rules if they are enforced. Therefore, you play the hardest and most physical you can without getting a flag.

1 person likes this

The lesson I learned from that game is that even if you have a good d-line and/or LBs, if your defensive backs suck, you're going to get abused. So, we might be in trouble.

Word in camp was that Josh Norman was aggressive and physical - could be good if the refs miss it, but if we get a flag happy crew, it could shoot us in the foot.

captain munnerlyn is sitting in a puddle of his own drool at this prospect

lmfao

Ricky Manning Jr was a pro bowl corner with these refs.

1 person likes this

I thought the officiating was decent all things considering.

I think the Giants are morons for not pressing coverage once they saw that the Cowboys could manhandle the receivers without drawing a flag. The giants were killed with slant routes which is partly due to thier injuries at corner, but also partly due to thier laid back coverage.

Take note McDermott

We will need all the help we can get in the secondary. Lets keep these scrub refs

1 person likes this