32 replies to this topic

#1 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

OK, so we're all pumped for Sunday in Tampa. This marks the first step on our road to the playoffs. This game sets the tone for us. With that being said, it is football and it is the NFL. This is what I expect to see Sunday.

Offense:
We come out strong. We impose our will on the Bucs. A couple of hiccups with penalties in the first half, and these penalties may stall some promising drives. Cam makes good decisions, but does throw one errant pass that gets picked. After this, he shakes it off and has a pretty solid day.

Our RBs have a field day. We rotate them well and they all do their part. Cam also has a good day on the ground, picking up big yards at least once on a read-option.

Murphy shows why he is our best #3. He puts up some solid numbers and has a big play or two. Lafell and Smitty pick up where they left off last season, though Lafell may drop some passes here and there that he should probably have caught.

Defense:
Run defense, we look great. Pass defense....well, you know. We get some turnovers thanks to the secondary, but they also have a few breakdowns. Some halftime adjustments get it tightened up, but they're still suspect. Luckily, we have a big enough lead in the third where the Bucs have to throw more, which plays to our benefit.

ST:
Well, we look better than we've looked in a while. Adams doesn't do anything special, but he does get us a few yards on some returns. Kick coverage is still poo, and we all cuss incessantly at the TV for most of the game.

Overall:
We win by 17+. I have us winning 38-13.

#2 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,446 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

What about our pass rush?

#3 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

It's nonexistent

#4 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:37 AM

Murphy shows why he should be our no.2

#5 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

I expect Kuechly to be MVP of the game.

#6 Panthers Nation

Panthers Nation

Swaggin on ducks on a daily basis.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

To see if Lafell can take over as the #1 reciever.

#7 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

Im sorry, pass rush? what is that? Some newfangled college age hippy crap? Don't come around here talking bout some pass rush.

#8 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

To see if Lafell can take over as the #1 reciever.

Yea right

#9 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

It'll be closer than most here expect. The Bucs are better than last year and will come out swinging.

Our offense starts slowly, with only a FG in the 1st quarter, then scores 10 in the 2nd for a 13-10 halftime lead.

In the 3rd, we pick off Freeman and get some points out of it; 20-10 Panthers.

The Bucs return a kickoff/punt deep into our territory and score as a result. 20-17 Panthers.

Then the 4th quarter comes and our RB's start to pick up steam. Cam throws a long TD to seal the win. Bucs get a late field goal in garbage time, but can't recover the onside kick.

FINAL: 27-20 Panthers

#10 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

The Bucs are better than last year and will come out swinging.

The Panthers are better than last year and will not only come out swinging, but connecting.

#11 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

Cam 230 passing yds, 2 tds + 67 rushing yds.
Smitty 5 catches 70 yds 1td.
Olsen 7 catches 80 yds 1td.
Dwill 70+ rushing yds.
Murphy outperforms Lafell.

CJ 1 sack.
TD 1 sack.
Gamble 1int.
Kuechly 12 tackles.

#12 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

I hate watching games In tampa...ugly stadium and I feel like the camera work is worse there for some reason. Should be a closer game than most of you think, could come down to who makes the first mistake

#13 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

I hate watching games In tampa...ugly stadium and I feel like the camera work is worse there for some reason. Should be a closer game than most of you think, could come down to who makes the first mistake

True.
Well I hate watching our home games on tv sometimes too. Except only when we're playing night games.

#14 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

It'll be closer than most here expect. The Bucs are better than last year and will come out swinging.

Our offense starts slowly, with only a FG in the 1st quarter, then scores 10 in the 2nd for a 13-10 halftime lead.

In the 3rd, we pick off Freeman and get some points out of it; 20-10 Panthers.

The Bucs return a kickoff/punt deep into our territory and score as a result. 20-17 Panthers.

Then the 4th quarter comes and our RB's start to pick up steam. Cam throws a long TD to seal the win. Bucs get a late field goal in garbage time, but can't recover the onside kick.

FINAL: 27-20 Panthers

That's really about the way I see it going, except I don't see them scoring that second TD and I see our offense being more explosive. Our defense in the redzone (I believe) will be the best part of our defense. Defending that short field where they keep everything in front of them. Our DL is improved just by Edwards Squared being there, so we'll have the inside gaps covered well, and our outside will be held well between our backers filling and our DEs being able to hold their gaps.

As far as the pass rush, I'm not expecting to see much, which is why I didn't mention it. We'll get a sack or two with our 5 and 6 man rushes. Our 4 man pressure is still going to be lacking early, but that should improve as the season progresses.

#15 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

I want to see Thomas Keiser score a couple touchdowns and force a safety.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com