Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clinton's statement on job creation

66 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

"Since 1961, for 52 years now, the Republicans have held the White House 28 years, the Democrats 24," Clinton said. "In those 52 years, our private economy has produced 66 million private-sector jobs. So what's the jobs score? Republicans 24 million, Democrats 42 (million)."

It's true. Is it significant in any way?

It was something that stood out to me when listening to his speech as something that has little relevance. But it does fly in the face of those who think having a democrat in office makes businesses worry simply because there's a democrat in office(yes, I have heard this arugment).

Posted · Report post

I don't know. I'll have to compare it to the last job creator's speech at the RNC in Tampa, George W Bush

Posted · Report post

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/no-false-claims-in-clinton-s-dnc-speech-c2Ha7CgMRqm9CIwOZMH2mA.html?cmpid=otbrn.video

Posted · Report post

The President does not really have much control over such things but it is indeed true, I heard Trump talk to Howard Stern about it a year or so ago.

Posted · Report post

Extrapolate that to when a dem president has a dem majority in Congress (both houses).

Same for republican.

Then run those numbers.

Posted · Report post

lol you're too predictable.

Posted · Report post

What about during the blue moon or when it rains? Crunch them

Posted · Report post

lol you're too predictable.

So you think hybrid situations where a d president with a r senate and a d house....is a better analysis against one that's the same across the board?

If by data analytical predictable...then yes.

Clinton wants everyone to forget about the dotcom bubble, Glass-Steagal teeth removed by him...etc.

Posted · Report post

What's your favorite koolaid flavor natty?

Posted · Report post

Clinton had NOTHING to do with anything...Congress controls everything.....stop being stupid all you guyz and do math like me

Oh hey guyz vote for Romney cuz Obama hasn't fixed anything

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Clinton had NOTHING to do with anything...Congress controls everything.....stop being stupid all you guyz and do math like me

Oh hey guyz vote for Romney cuz Obama hasn't fixed anything

Posted · Report post

Clinton had to be drug kicking and screaming to sign the republican balanced budget, and then lobbied against the BBA. Clinton talks a big game and has a great sales pitch.

• Masters of PIE !

• Top Rated Images