• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

It's true. Is it significant in any way?

It was something that stood out to me when listening to his speech as something that has little relevance. But it does fly in the face of those who think having a democrat in office makes businesses worry simply because there's a democrat in office(yes, I have heard this arugment).

It doesn't fly in the face of that sentiment. More jobs is bad for business, it costs them money to hire people. Business is best when they are free to hire no one and fug over the people, hence why having GOP in office is better for business than Dem.

#32 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

Rodeo, brilliant as ever.

#33 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

rodeo is, in my opinion, the smartest person in these here threads. What he just said makes a ton of sense. There's one party that would do away with the minimum wage, would let these people go without affordable health care, take the teeth out of OSHA, etc. And none of those things would be done so more people would get hired.

#34 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• LocationPleiades
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Haha you mean the teleprompter's statement on job creation

#35 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

rodeo is, in my opinion, the smartest person in these here threads. What he just said makes a ton of sense. There's one party that would do away with the minimum wage, would let these people go without affordable health care, take the teeth out of OSHA, etc. And none of those things would be done so more people would get hired.

Yeah right. How many small business owners do you know? I deal with them every day. They all hate Obama. They all say his policies suck the joy and life out of creating your own business. What do they know? Clearly people having jobs and money to spend is BAD for business.

Go back to college and try again.

#36 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Yeah right. How many small business owners do you know? I deal with them every day. They all hate Obama. They all say his policies suck the joy and life out of creating your own business. What do they know? Clearly people having jobs and money to spend is BAD for business.

I believe rodeo is a business owner.

He's joyful.

#37 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Yes, having to pay people a living wage could suck all the joy and life out of creating a business I suppose.

#38 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

Epic reading comp fail.

Perhaps you should take your own advice?

#39 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

The most successful businessmen of the Industrial Age hired security companies to threaten and kill anyone who dared fight for better treatment, owned the towns and stores where there workers lives so they could pay in scrip and take their money back, and gave not a whit about things like safety.

They were doing just great until pesky government regulations took the joy and fun out of being an industrialist.

#40 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

The most successful businessmen of the Industrial Age hired security companies to threaten and kill anyone who dared fight for better treatment, owned the towns and stores where there workers lives so they could pay in scrip and take their money back, and gave not a whit about things like safety.

They were doing just great until pesky government regulations took the joy and fun out of being an industrialist.

See? There were lots of classes AFTER the Industrial Age. Go back. Read. Get laid.

Okay, read anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users