65 replies to this topic

#61 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

Cause and effect. What rodeo is saying is correct but I think some of you guys are misunderstanding it. Payroll is almost always the biggest expense for a company. That doesn't mean business owners don't like hiring people, it just means they only do it when they have to. Ultimately businesses like hiring people because the demand for their product/service dictates it, and that's a good thing. But they don't like hiring just to hire. The company I work for is a classic small business and we have to fight tooth and nail with the owners to hire people we critically need. And our owner, like any good owner, resists it until it's absolutely necessary(and to be fair, the people we need to hire - developers, DBAs, SAs - are very expensive).

Well, duh.

That is not what Rodeo said, although it is nice of you to try to help his rambling business plan out.
You are correct in your business model above which is nothing like the CWG stamped of approval thing we read about earlier.

#62 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,924 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

Well, duh.

That is not what Rodeo said, although it is nice of you to try to help his rambling business plan out.
You are correct in your business model above which is nothing like the CWG stamped of approval thing we read about earlier.

It's almost exactly what I said.

#63 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

He described common business practices that everyone typically uses whether with employess or capital machinery, etc.

You politicized the process which is ludicrous.

#64 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,309 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

Really, I hear people politicizing business practices every day (i.e. Obama is killing my business!) but no one thinks they are ludicrous

#65 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,924 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

He described common business practices that everyone typically uses whether with employess or capital machinery, etc.

You politicized the process which is ludicrous.

I didn't politicize so much as draw the logical conclusion from the facts laid out in the thread OP.

Maybe you'd like to explain how GOP is better for business when Dems create twice as many private sector jobs.

#66 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,006 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Really, I hear people politicizing business practices every day (i.e. Obama is killing my business!) but no one thinks they are ludicrous

I usually only hear that stuff from people who are really into politics. If they are from the left, it was Bush was destroying their business, while righties blame it on the big O. Both are mostly incorrect imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com