20 replies to this topic

#11 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationShelby
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

Are we all forgetting that the 49ers had an awful team when Willis got the record? I'd rather Kuechly not get the record because not only does this stat not signify that we have a good defense, but because this record could also mean that we have a lousy defense with only one good tackler. DROY is good enough for me.

I can totally agree with what you have said.
But I want the record and a good defensive year. Maybe too much to ask, but I'm asking anyway.

#12 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Where'd you get your stats SIGCHI? Last time I checked, tackles are an unofficial stat, so if he broke either record, it wouldn't be "official."

Regardless, I think he's fully capable of breaking either or both this season, he has an instinct for the ball that I've NEVER seen before in Panthers history.

#13 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• LocationSydney, Australia
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'm gonna say no, simply because Beason and Anderson are both tackle machines too. Beason finished in the top 3 for the NFL in tackles for each of his full seasons I believe, and James finished in the top 5 or so last season.

#14 panthernation23

panthernation23

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

honestly i think luke as a rookie might have more instinct then beason. kinda crazy skills i saw in preseason

#15 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

• LocationShelby
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Where'd you get your stats SIGCHI? Last time I checked, tackles are an unofficial stat, so if he broke either record, it wouldn't be "official."

Regardless, I think he's fully capable of breaking either or both this season, he has an instinct for the ball that I've NEVER seen before in Panthers history.

Got bored at work and started with Google and Wiki. You are correct in they are not over on nfl.com but if you keep looking several sites corroborate.
Trust me, he gets to 196 tackles and the only place anyone will have to look to find out who holds the tackle record is right here on the Huddle. We will let EVERYBODY know.

#16 GreatPoupon

GreatPoupon

pardon me

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

where does jon beason and james anderson fit in with that plan.
lots of mouths to feed, lots of tackles for jon beason to eat up. i think beason still gets 150, if luke has 100+ he's doing well. he'll really make the def better by taking care of his assignment, hustling, and making oportunistic plays when he can. the linebackers will make plays this year - i do know that.

#17 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

most picks by a rookie linebacker more likely

#18 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

• LocationShelby
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

where does jon beason and james anderson fit in with that plan.
lots of mouths to feed, lots of tackles for jon beason to eat up. i think beason still gets 150, if luke has 100+ he's doing well. he'll really make the def better by taking care of his assignment, hustling, and making oportunistic plays when he can. the linebackers will make plays this year - i do know that.

Beason at about 120, Anderson at about 120 and Davis at about 75. EHAO.

#19 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

Tackle numbers are overrated. If the opposing offense holds the ball and runs a lot of plays, there are more opportunities for tackles.

#20 Second_Solution

Second_Solution

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:44 AM

I think it will come down to how effective our offense is. If it was our 2010 offence where we struggled to get a first down I would say Luke would have a great chance. However with Cam, Williams, Stew, Tolbert and Smith there is a chance our offence will be able to control the clock and essentially limit our defences play time.

Luke certainly seems to have the motor and the heart to tackle everything that moves and I could definitely see him getting close to the rookie record. Either way, I think he is a shoe in for DROY.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kuechly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users