#31 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,566 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

Well, I do think offensively they will be significantly better.....and that could prohibit teams from pounding on them as much with the run

I don't have a lot of faith in his first year HC or OC.

#32 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,326 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

Especially a HC coming from college....and the Big East at that.

They do not exactly have a great track record in the nfl.

#33 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,241 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

I dont either....

But Blount won't be in their 24/7 tipping off 98% of their plays....which hurt them IMO tremendously last year.

So even if they are vanilla on offense....they will be better. decent #2 WR to attack our #2 CB with less plays tipped off at the line bc of Blount. They also matchup well if we can't ground and pound on them all game.

Not saying they will be good....just better than the train wreck they were

#34 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,566 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

Fair enough.

#35 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:54 AM

Not a shocker, Schein has been repeatedly saying he thinks Tampa is better for weeks and weeks. Would love for Carolina to shut him up since I still like to listen to his radio show

he'll start with the "they're better than their record would indicate".

#36 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

I dont either....

But Blount won't be in their 24/7 tipping off 98% of their plays....which hurt them IMO tremendously last year.

So even if they are vanilla on offense....they will be better. decent #2 WR to attack our #2 CB with less plays tipped off at the line bc of Blount. They also matchup well if we can't ground and pound on them all game.

Not saying they will be good....just better than the train wreck they were

they'll still wind up picking in the top 10 next year.

it's surprising to me how many people have these guys rebounding significantly this year. sure, a lot of the problem was leadership but new coaching staff....new systems on offense and defense.....that doesn't usually equate to success in the first year at all. all people are doing is looking at their activity in FA and thinking this is a real contender now but their problems are still going to be at the top and the things they fix won't be overnight.

people really overvalued that defeating of the pats in preseason.

for the life of me i can't understand how anyone could look at what the panthers did last year compared to the season before (on offense) and the players that we got back and added on defense and think that this team isn't going to be significantly better. it's even harder to understand why people would think that the bucs would be better in the first year with the new staff than the panthers in the 2nd year of the new era. people must still really have it out for cam or the panthers. i just don't understand.

#37 Panther_mountain

Panther_mountain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

it's surprising to me how many people have these guys rebounding significantly this year. sure, a lot of the problem was leadership but new coaching staff....new systems on offense and defense.....that doesn't usually equate to success in the first year at all. all people are doing is looking at their activity in FA and thinking this is a real contender now but their problems are still going to be at the top and the things they fix won't be overnight.

for the life of me i can't understand how anyone could look at what the panthers did last year compared to the season before (on offense) and the players that we got back and added on defense and think that this team isn't going to be significantly better. it's even harder to understand why people would think that the bucs would be better in the first year with the new staff than the panthers in the 2nd year of the new era. people must still really have it out for cam or the panthers. i just don't understand.

Exactly. We have the majority of the same core of players that went 12-4 a few years ago, added additional offensive weapons, replaced stubborn coaching staff with one that actually attacks, and swapped Delhomme for Newton. We are a better team than the 12-4 team.

#38 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,936 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

The cool part is that they play these games on the field and these silly hypothetical competitions will be sorted out for us.

#39 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

AZ and Miami will fight for the number 1 pick, condemning Matt Barkley to the dessert.

Condemned to cake and ice cream? Doesn't sound so bad.

#40 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

Exactly. We have the majority of the same core of players that went 12-4 a few years ago, added additional offensive weapons, replaced stubborn coaching staff with one that actually attacks, and swapped Delhomme for Newton. We are a better team than the 12-4 team.

100% agreed.

#41 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,936 posts

Condemned to cake and ice cream? Doesn't sound so bad.

Neither of those places would be on my list of cities to avoid if I was a young guy with a large amount of money.

#42 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,241 posts

They may pick in the top 10.... We did last year. I just expect improvement and for them to not be the easy win they were most of last year.

I think we win....I just don't see us stomping them. Old school fg deciding Panthers/Buc game.

I think we will be better against the run....unsure about the pass and ST. About the same on offense. We need to be more consistant on offense this year....hopefully Cam can do that

#43 Panther_mountain

Panther_mountain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

The cool part is that they play these games on the field and these silly hypothetical competitions will be sorted out for us.

Correct. I may need my head checked as I am wishing this weekend away wanting it to be Sunday now.

#44 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,241 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

I'd say both the OL and DL were collectively better back then....

We have 3 question marks at least for the start of this season. I think Piggy is regressing with age....plus, I think our 2 young guys have a ways to go. I think they can get there eventually just think some are too confident in their short term ability.

#45 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

They may pick in the top 10.... We did last year. I just expect improvement and for them to not be the easy win they were most of last year.

I think we win....I just don't see us stomping them. Old school fg deciding Panthers/Buc game.

I think we will be better against the run....unsure about the pass and ST. About the same on offense. We need to be more consistant on offense this year....hopefully Cam can do that

i think we'll see more of the old school TB/CAR battles later on, but not right away. i have no faith in them having things fixed enough that they can adequately make up for the improvements that we made going from last year to this year.

i expect them to find out that their wrinkles that need to be ironed out. the next time we play should be closer than this game but a lot of my optimism in this game comes from my belief that the bucs just won't be ready. i have very little faith in a new coaching staff in their first game of the first season...i don't care who it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.